A&H

Sanchez on Sanchez

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
...Lots of Spurs fans getting in a tizzy over the goals for the Arse, starting with Sanchez's challenge.

"They" seem to misunderstand - it is pretty obvious to me that MD gives the DFK for the holding and NOT for the subsequent sliding tackle. Again, the pundits did not help here by remarking what a fair/great slider it was. AFAIK the ball was dead by the time he slid in as MD was giving the foul for holding! Just me?

And then the Mustafa offside - I am yet to see a definitive angle that shows he was definitely offside. He has done himself - and the officials - no favours in the post match by hinting he thought he was off! From the replays it doesn't look like a clear mistake to me, thoughts?

(Funny how the Spurs have forgotten their doggy goals against RM!!!)

The Referee Store
The problem is there wasn't any holding though. None, not a jot. I can see why Mike Dean thought there was as Sanchez's arm very briefly came across Sanchez's chest, but he certainly didn't pull his shirt as Dean indicated.

I think Mustafa was offside, but it was incredibly tight and we are probably talking a couple of centimetres at most. I also think Arsenal would have won even without either of those decisions as Spurs just didn't turn up. Alderweirald is a massive loss for them, even more so as it takes Dier out of midfield, plus Kane and Alli clearly weren't even close to being fully fit. There was only going to be one winner regardless of any refereeing decisions.

I thought his hands were all over him and he impeded him - not a shirt pull - but enough for a DFK... but fair enough

Back