A&H

Same old,Same old .... pitch / weather

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
My game Saturday is on same park pitch as last week which i declared just fit to play on. After all this weather since i am quite sure it will not be playable. Waiting on League website tomorrow to see if councils declare their pitches playable or not , not looking good at the moment as it was pouring with rain this morning and now it is snowing.

The Referee Store
Likewise!

Pitch was on the heavy side Sunday and been raining "down South" all day :(

My game Saturday is on same park pitch as last week which i declared just fit to play on. After all this weather since i am quite sure it will not be playable. Waiting on League website tomorrow to see if councils declare their pitches playable or not , not looking good at the moment as it was pouring with rain this morning and now it is snowing.
Not surprised that both my matches have been postponed this weekend as the lurvely councils have cancelled all football on their pitches..:-(

Mine still on - fingers crossed.

Away team travelling over 70 miles, so hope for their sakes any call off isn't last minute!

My first game on the line tomorrow, done all my homework, phone call from ref sec, game off.

Friendly on sunday at 17:15 though, going to be bloody cold!!!

All games around me are off, I think it is an agreement between the Saturday and Sunday leagues rather than council however

Mine still on - fingers crossed.

Away team travelling over 70 miles, so hope for their sakes any call off isn't last minute!

Similar to me this morning. Away team didn't travel 70 miles, but it was still a decent journey they had to take.

Home manager said he would check the pitch at 8am and let me and the away team know. He didn't let me know at 8 so I presumed all was ok.

I got there at 920 (10:30 KO - advised to be at ground 45 minutes before hand so I went even earlier) and he said it's fine. I went and inspected and it was just about playable, bit too close for comfort though!

To be fair though the pitch held up well and you could still have played an afternoon game on it.

Speaking of Afternoon game on a supply league that got called off at 10am this morning.

Sat in my front room, wind is howling like hell and its pouring down out there.... as much as i wanted a game today.... glad i'm sat here in the warm. Out of the 50+ games that were due to be played today only 8 (private pitches) are going ahead.

Sat in my front room, wind is howling like hell and its pouring down out there.... as much as i wanted a game today.... glad i'm sat here in the warm. Out of the 50+ games that were due to be played today only 8 (private pitches) are going ahead.

It's not wet and windy, it's character building...

Back