A&H

Rowing Machine

HertsFinest

Next Weeks Ref
It suddenly dawned on me that I'm about as fit as homer Simpson after a year out of sport! So just gone and bought a rowing machine.

Anyone else use one as your fitness tool?

The Referee Store
Yes, they are superb cardio.

High intensity work outs on a rowing machine are fantastic.

Yeah I love them.

Try the 100m challenge.
100m in under 30 seconds
30 seconds rest
Repeat 10 times

It kills you, if you do it as quick as you can.

I do something very similar. It's painful but rewarding when you're finished!! Lol

The other things I do are the 2k an 5k pace row: i do this in the gym as they have concept 2 rowers. Set it to 2k and resistance to 10, then go for it. my best is 7:21

The same with 5k - best is 19.01

Very tired after that.

Did this yesterday, killer.

6 x 30 seconds flat out, 30 second rest in between.

On a concept 2, managed a max pace of 2260 cal/hr flat out. Everything ached after that.

Sadly, then had a little trot on the treadmill and tweaked a lower back muscle. Doh.

Did this yesterday, killer.

6 x 30 seconds flat out, 30 second rest in between.

On a concept 2, managed a max pace of 2260 cal/hr flat out. Everything ached after that.

Sadly, then had a little trot on the treadmill and tweaked a lower back muscle. Doh.

Mr monkey do you know what your strokes per minute were for the 30 second blast?

I tend to do 20 mins every evening with first ten minutes keeping a pace of around 22spm with 4 sets of 10 reps of bicep curls with the handle and then ten minutes at 22spm with 5 sets of 30 seconds at full pelt (28-30spm) split every 2 minutes. Then 20-22 mins warm down.

I don't really watch the spm - doesn't convey the amount of effort or power generated during the exercise. I used to train with a mate who would have a much higher spm than me, then would wonder why I would finish a 2k considerably faster than him. It's not pulling fast, it's pulling hard!!

How much does one set you back? Debating whether to get one or take out gym membership.

The concept 2 machine is around a grand, so it's one to use in the gym!! I do have a more affordable rower at home and it is a nowhere near as good to use. It's jerky and unfriendly!! Every time I use it I am fantasising about the concept 2... It's a loveless relationship!!

Lol cheeky.

I average between 30-34 spm on a longer run. Had other things in my mind when doing the sprints so don't know how fast during that.

I am 6 foot 6 so have a long pull.

This is now just a list of blokes talking about how fast and hard they pull and how many strokes they can fit into a minute ;)

But I will have money once the season starts... :p

Aha this is true!

Just done My half hour rowing while watching city Liverpool. Did it in the first half.... Most boring.half of football I've seen in a while. Definitely added to the pain! (Not sure about any gain though!)

Back