A&H

Rooneys Elbow the other day

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AndyW

I no this isnt uniteds most recent game but its still one that bugs me.

What do you think to Rooneys elbow on mcarthy the other day ?

Im a United fan and would have walked him. But did MC see it ?

The Referee Store
I was at the game, saw it clearly and said red straight away. I dont think MC saw clearly what happened, well he certainly didnt give that expression.

When speaking to Rooney and McCarthy he was shrugging his shoulders and holding is hands up as if to say "look, I dont know whats gone on but I know something has"

Still dont understand how Rooney got away with it :S

Well thats it the cameras never lie how on earth can the FA let him off with this. No wonder we get the crap as grassroots if its acceptable for shrek to get away with it ( and yes i am a united fan lol )

Well thats it the cameras never lie how on earth can the FA let him off with this. No wonder we get the crap as grassroots if its acceptable for shrek to get away with it ( and yes i am a united fan lol )

Surely McCarthy needs to take some blame for deliberatley blocking Rooney's run, and I still don't think it was an elbow, more of a straight arm in front of him to lever himself past.

Bottom line is, or should be hopefully, is if MC did see it properly, he would have sent Rooney off, but I'm guessing he didn't so he didn't. What gets me is, why wouldn't MC have said, after seeing video footage that had he seen it properly he would have sent him off? Also, he gave the free kick, but if he had seen it properly, why did he give a DFK when it should be an IDFK? I think :confused:

But it does make me wonder, if this wasn't one of the 'top four', would the powers that be have taken action agains Rooney?

I think the problem lies with the way The FA and FIFA deal with retropective punishments, MC would have been asked if he saw the incident and he would have to say yes, otherwise what would he give a free kick for, and then he would be asked did he take the correct action for what he saw and he would again have to put yes as from his line of sight he saw a coming together so The FA and FIFA cannot punish anyone as the offical has acted from what he saw. I believe that the only way action could be taken over WR id if MC hadnt seen or hadnt acted on the incident?
I am not 100% on this but from reading up on the articles and on other referee's sites etc i think thats the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back