A&H

Referee Levels vs National League System

Kieran W

I'm sure this has been asked before but can't find the thread.

What refereeing levels correspond to which Step of the National League System?
For example, I'm a Level 7. What's the highest Step I can Referee on and also Assistant Referee on (is it always the step above you can assist on)?

Thanks.

The Referee Store
All depends on availability of officials in your area. It is highly unlikely you would get much above a step 6 game in the middle as many leagues at that level are supply which require L4 as a minimum. You can always assist on a game at the level above which you referee.

brian can you help me with another question it is totally different in scotland, i watched the sunderland everton under 21 game last night would the referee of that game be a national list assistant or is that something else

Sunderland AFC (Reserve Team) v Everton FC (Reserve Team)
Barclays U21 Premier League - Division 1
Referee: Backhouse, Anthony
Assistant Referee: Ellis, Christopher
Assistant Referee: Mulligan, John

Anthony Backhouse is a Level 2B, which means he referees on the National League North and acts as an assistant on the Football League. Being a Level 2B doesn't necessarily mean you act as an AR on the Football League, you could also be a 2B and act as an AR on the National League.

Both assistants were Level 3, which means they referee Contributory League football and act as an AR on either the National League Prem/North/South or the Football League.

Complicated stuff indeed!

Back