A&H

Ref: Stories from the weekend

W

WAFCryan2014

Hello, does anyone know how I can watch, Stories from the weekend? I missed it on Tuesday.
Thanks.

The Referee Store
As far as I am aware it hasn't be scheduled to be shown again.

If you have the BT Sport channel (which I presume you do), it is likely you'll have the online access to. Ask whoever pays your BT Sport bill whether they have login details for it, or if they could set them up. Will be quicker than waiting for it to rescheduled I think.

I watched this last night and was horrified at the standard a two footed challenge with the guy clearly of his feet, deemed 'reckless' by the referee receives a yellow card....referee talks about abuse received yellow card? Think changes needed to be made in some of the leagues over there or the standard of refereeing needs to improve!

I watched this last night and was horrified at the standard a two footed challenge with the guy clearly of his feet, deemed 'reckless' by the referee receives a yellow card....referee talks about abuse received yellow card? Think changes needed to be made in some of the leagues over there or the standard of refereeing needs to improve!
I watched and sat there going "Noooooo, don't say that", "Go on Ref, get the red out .... what?" and some of the stuff on show made me wonder if it was a little staged managed. The ex-pro at Level 4 coming out of a Portacabin changing room onto an pitch that screamed Sunday League and assistants that looked out of place. At least the other Level 4 was shown in his correct environment (on the line at a Contrib game).
But on the whole, I felt most of the officials came across reasonably well (refereeing errors aside) and my favourite was undoubtedly the Welsh guy.

I watched and sat there going "Noooooo, don't say that", "Go on Ref, get the red out .... what?" and some of the stuff on show made me wonder if it was a little staged managed. The ex-pro at Level 4 coming out of a Portacabin changing room onto an pitch that screamed Sunday League and assistants that looked out of place. At least the other Level 4 was shown in his correct environment (on the line at a Contrib game).
But on the whole, I felt most of the officials came across reasonably well (refereeing errors aside) and my favourite was undoubtedly the Welsh guy.
I did wonder about the level 4/5 girl and the assistants she had? The welsh guy came across well and I was shocked by how much referees talk to the players constantly? Also, some of the man handling incidents with people thrown to the card and a quick behave yourself :wall::wall::wall::redcard:

I picked up on the incessant chat from the referee, too. That's not something I'm familiar with, in the middle or from the line.
The best bit was when the Welsh guy had the young kid take over as his CAR for the OA game he was refereeing. Reminded me of scenes from Kes, just needed Brian Glover as Bobby Charlton.

As far as I am aware it hasn't be scheduled to be shown again.

If you have the BT Sport channel (which I presume you do), it is likely you'll have the online access to. Ask whoever pays your BT Sport bill whether they have login details for it, or if they could set them up. Will be quicker than waiting for it to rescheduled I think.
I'll have to wait until someone uploades it into YouTube

Clicked the link on iPad and logged in and wasn't able to view it still? Wasn't no video player or anything:(

I picked up on the incessant chat from the referee, too. That's not something I'm familiar with, in the middle or from the line.
The best bit was when the Welsh guy had the young kid take over as his CAR for the OA game he was refereeing. Reminded me of scenes from Kes, just needed Brian Glover as Bobby Charlton.
Not sure the wee fella had a clue what he was being asked to do, but was a nice touch when the ref went over and thanked him! I had my son do it for me at a kids game a few years ago and split the fee with him!

I don't believe you can use Flash Player on an iPad and BT Sport replay their content using Flash Player.

Can a tech whiz pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee get it on youtube? :( Dying to watch it!

You wont be able to play on ipad as its microsoft silverlight... which might I add microsoft dont even have the functionality in their own phones. Sky go uses same tech.

However if you can login on web you can download bt sport App from app store which will play on ipad for you.

You wont be able to play on ipad as its microsoft silverlight... which might I add microsoft dont even have the functionality in their own phones. Sky go uses same tech.

However if you can login on web you can download bt sport App from app store which will play on ipad for you.
cce53b95907bc6a657c0b5f6de78d757.jpg

I have yeah. The link says it can't be viewed online and I need to download the app. I download the app and my version of it doesn't have a search bar. Maybe cos I'm on the basic package?

I went through all this bla bla. You can't view it on the app, iPad/iPhone, or safari - it requires flash. Need to go to a laptop or computer and use chrome, follow the link above, and then you can watch a very generic program featuring everything we already know about refereeing. Enjoy.

Back