A&H

Ran the line today for County Cup Semi U18 £120 in pay

Kref

My local county Fa decided or maybe it was around the country thing but our U18 cup now had 3 officials appointed to it instead of the usual 1. And the total for the match for all three of us was £120 both managers were surprised when they both had to fork up £60. The ironic thing was that it was mostly travel expenses that cost the bulk of that amount. Match = (25+2x15) = 55 and then Travel = (10 + 30 +25). Which is insane to this amount that for this type of match where normally max you get like £15 for travel that one of us had to travel that far to get £30. Anyway was a great match and the ref really helped pointing out a couple of things. Kinda now makes me want to just be an assistant instead of reffing in the middle.

The Referee Store
In my area we all get £40 for under 18s so that's £120 every game.
Yeah in my county fa I think we are the worst paid compared to the county fa below us they are paid like 25% more. But ya know it just really matters where you are.

I think this quite excessive given the clubs have to pay it from the kid's subs.It would destroy teams in my area,which has already happened in a lot of cases anyway around here.

My area scrapped travelling expenses as one club got the brunt of it all the time being miles out of area - they had no choice as the next nearest league is even further away.
You could argue they could play home games closer to the rest of the league but why should they?
Instead it's now £40 flat regardless of age group. (Use to be up and around £28-30 plus travel).
Think this also stopped refs requesting certain age groups due to less money on younger ones and them missing out on refs.

My area scrapped travelling expenses as one club got the brunt of it all the time being miles out of area - they had no choice as the next nearest league is even further away.
You could argue they could play home games closer to the rest of the league but why should they?
Instead it's now £40 flat regardless of age group. (Use to be up and around £28-30 plus travel).
Think this also stopped refs requesting certain age groups due to less money on younger ones and them missing out on refs.
In my area most people's travel to matches doesn't really exceed £15 at max it was just for this match the home team's pitch was actually in an area that is between two FAs and for me it was at the very upper bounds of my FAs area. Also it really just depends where you are as I go and referee youth matches, whilst mentally preparing myself for men's, and I've had managers be astonished that the match is £18 for U14 even though in the two FAs surrounding UP + Down its £22 for the same match.

For me if I got £40 for a match even if it included travel fees that would be alot as usually if I'm lucky or unlucky you say I'd pull like £30 for a match at most and usually around £25.

Back