A&H

pulling

callmemyref

The attacker in a promising attack, the defender pull attackers shirt, then I play advantage. Do I have to give a YC when the ball is out of play?

The Referee Store
There is a slight nuance. If the caution you would give is for SPA, then the answers above are indisputably correct.

There is a bit of a question as to, in unique circumstances, the nature of the pulling could be a caution based on the pulling itself without consideration of the promising attack. In such a case (to the extent it exists), that caution would not be wiped out by playing advantage (just as a reckless challenge is not wiped out by advantage). But the key is that the action has to rise to the level of a caution without considering that there was a promising attack. So to the extent those exist (which is debated on a thread somewhere on this forum, I believe), they are going to be very unusual plays.

as everyone else no

the promising attack has still accrued, thus, you cant sanction for stopping a promising attack

What about if it's "blatant holding" - can advantage USB YC can be justified, rather than SPA?
Or does a blatant holding YC require play to be stopped?

What about if it's "blatant holding" - can advantage USB YC can be justified, rather than SPA?
Or does a blatant holding YC require play to be stopped?
From my experience, blatant holding cautions seem to be more of a continental Europe thing than an English one. I've seen many more cautions for it in Denmark than I would expect to see given in England.

In answer to your question, if it was an 'unsporting blatant hold' irrespective of any promising attack, then I'd assume if you played advantage you can go back and subsequently caution (as you would have done for a reckless challenge)

Back