A&H

prematch equipment checks!!!

ben cuthy

Level 7 Referee
What are the best ways to complete the pre match player equipment checks when on your own, so no NAR's ???

The Referee Store
When do you find is thes best time to do it? Ive had difrrent views from other reffs in my county

What is there to say about undershorts?
I know they are supposed to be the same colour as the kit shorts but on the local parks I count myself fortunate if all one team has only one colour of shorts.
That being the case I am never going to stop a lad from playing because his shorts don't match his kit shorts. Would anyone?

If your parks league is a "Respect league", get it all done at the same time. Have 'em all line up on the half-way line, work your way down the line, then handshakes, and keep the skippers in the middle for the toss. Done.

Either that or as you enter the FOP, just get each team to come in together. No hassle really.

Usually grab them during the warm up - check shin pads jewellery etc, "Just make sure you have them/remove it or you don;t start the game fella!" cos they are never ready by then!

Would do this but the league doesnt do the hand shake at the level, thats what made me have to findout what people did as the best and easiest couldnt be used :(

What age group is it? I thought most leagues did the respect handshake now??

is it right that some f.a's are instructing referees not to shake hands with CAR's during the Respect handshake in case they have their watches stolen?

Senior amateur league in my area, the league doesnt use the handshake but the league that teams progress to from this league, do use the handshake :)

And haywain ive never heard of that, shows the lack of trust the fa give to CARs ...

I should point out, Ben, just in case you missed the irony of my post, that, as far as i'm aware, the f.a. haven't been instructing referees not to shake hands with CAR's.

It was just a comment on the sadness and disappointment that i genuinely feel about the attitude of some referees...and some referee mentors apparently, towards CAR's.

To fail to embrace the role of the CAR, to my mind at least, shows a certain inadequacy in the mindset of those who choose not to do so.

I usually watch them warm up. Any equipment problems should be fairly obvious at that point. I'll do a boot check when they're back and lined up to go out onto the FOP.

Back