A&H

Porto v Sporting

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Not sure what has gone on here at the end, but the ref has appeared to have shown 4 reds I think after the whistle.
I'm guessing all 21 remaining players (1 off in the game) and every man possible on the bench involved in a punch up.
Not sure if there is a video about but it was live on BT Sport....
Right at the end, a sporting player kicked his own player in the head and ball went for a corner. The player was off the pitch when he went down.
Think it was either the coach or manager came round off the pitch to the side of the goal and the referee sent him off. With his back turned, the injured player, with physio, came on to the pitch to receive treatment and slow game down more. This is last minute of the match.
Remember this is a "head" injury.
He can leave the field and be treated. And clearly having moved on to pitch is in a position where he is safe to be moved and ordered back off. Ref tries and tries but no movement. Porto players kick off about that too.
Corner comes in, and it appears a high foot cleared the ball off the head of the Porto player who's gone, and stayed, down inside the goal. Nothing given.

Think this may have led to the eruption at the end. But otherwise I don't have a clue.

If you can find a video.... Enjoy.

Screenshot_20220211-223913_Flashscore UK.jpg

Last edited:
The Referee Store

I dislike that the referee is showing cards as the melee is on-going. I always wait until it has settled down and they disperse, and then issue the cards, because frankly I've no idea who is getting the dismissals and for what in each incident.

The Pepe one for example, I can see he's gone off on one but what's the red for? Squaring up to the player? Something he said?

For anyone who sees the incident, right at the beginning. Only one angle behind the goal unfortunately but would you be giving a penalty for dangerous play?

This game can only be resolved by video review to identify the players and officials. There could be 10 RC in this.

What should happen is both clubs be charged with failing to control their players / officials and they be deducted 3 points each.

I sure hope no one is giving a PK for PIADM!!
should be an indirect free kick >plays in a dangerous manner<?
Apparently the ball was in play for 21 of the 56 minutes in the second half.
The total match length of Porto 2-2 Sporting was 105 minutes but the ball was in play for just 43 minutes (41%). The second half alone was 56 minutes long but the ball was in play for just 21 minutes (38%) and there were 18 fouls in that half alone.

Back