A&H

Players Kit Check

Actually mate, if you do spot something awry during a game, assessors will be pleased to see you dealing with it even then. Especially if it's undershorts which might have come into view after being tucked out of sight pre-match. And seeing one of their team mates / opponents having to leave the field to sort out something like that might also act as a nice deterrent in future weeks ;)
very valid point @Russell Jones it does indeed I've sent someone off the other week for white undershorts under red shorts! trust me at half time the whole team came out perfectly dressed they knew!

The Referee Store
As a side note, what do we think Matt Ingram's colours from Stevenage V Wycombe on Sat? Surely you must be able to get pink undershorts and shirt? Although who'd be pulling him up for it if the opposition's goalkeeper has just scored against him :p
image.jpg

Actually mate, if you do spot something awry during a game, assessors will be pleased to see you dealing with it even then. Especially if it's undershorts which might have come into view after being tucked out of sight pre-match. And seeing one of their team mates / opponents having to leave the field to sort out something like that might also act as a nice deterrent in future weeks ;)

As a side note, what do we think Matt Ingram's colours from Stevenage V Wycombe on Sat? Surely you must be able to get pink undershorts and shirt? Although who'd be pulling him up for it if the opposition's goalkeeper has just scored against him :p
image.jpg

I would be @Mike thats not right at all!!! If a club chooses to have a kit of that colour it should be there duty to provide undershorts or at least source them in the same colour!

I tend to do my kit check during the teams warm up so its not too intrusive, got the tip form the book the art of refereeing by rob Evans and Edward bellion. I used to go into the dressing room but always got stared at in weird way as if , why you doing in here. This works well for me .. Did miss and white undershort with black shorts though as he was a sub, asked him to leave and sort his kit out . Sock tape if it's a colour of part of their kit I'm not generally fussed.

Had one yesterday -- black shorts on the one women's team. No issues with undershorts of different colour showing. One girl goes into a slide tackle (good, clean tackle), comes up, and she's got white undershorts on, and the black shorts have been wrenched up the one side and managed to get "tucked into" the top, so that there's white showing.

Ref goes over to her, says something, she fixes the shorts, play on.

Post-game debrief, this gets mentioned. Ref's response "I went over to her, could tell immediately that they were underwear and not undershorts, so I pointed out that they were showing so that she could fix her shorts." Assessor: "How'd you know they were underwear, did she claim that? You should've had her change her undershorts." Ref: "They had little pink hearts all over."

Embarrassed silence for a moment, then onto the next thing!

Back