A&H

Player pole-axed - fairly?

The Referee Store
I’m old school, that’s a bloody good tackle, he does not have to get out of the way and the other player runs in to him. You’d get lynched booking for that around these parts.... must be a southern thing maybe?

Total disregard for his opponent's safety. Running into a player who's moving at speed is not "standing your ground". That's a red card.

Total disregard for his opponent's safety. Running into a player who's moving at speed is not "standing your ground". That's a red card.
Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned
Make your mind up ;)

I think it's a caution.

From the LOTG.....All players have a right to their position on the field of play; being in the way of an opponent is not the same as moving into the way of an opponent. Play on!!!

From the LOTG.....All players have a right to their position on the field of play; being in the way of an opponent is not the same as moving into the way of an opponent. Play on!!!
Sorry what? SF how can you say he hasn't moved into the way of the opponent?!

He hasn't changed his path one bit, he doesn't have to, he's done his job as a defender and challenged for and won the ball....Thats what they used to be able to do apparently!!

I agree a foul is a foul but I can’t see the foul you suppose happened. He defended! He took the ball fairly....

As an observer, my view is that it was a foul. The challenge was carless in nature but could be more if there had been "befores" with the players during the game, so is viewed as retaliation = RC or YC.

Sorry, @Sheffields Finest is was not a fair tackle (at least in 2017) but probably was in 1990's or in Hull......

I'm in Hull in the morning, I will ask the Lord Mayor of The East Riding for his thoughts. He's not been the same since they made Hull the Capital of Culture :cool:.... We have to tip out hat these days to the Border guards!!! :blackeye:

@Sheffields Finest - have you got your visa? You probably need the same drugs as you took on your recent trip to India. I also wouldn't drink the water, since it could come the Humber, which is as clean as some rivers in India :poop::drool::dead:
PS I lived in Hull for three years while at university

I'm in Hull in the morning, I will ask the Lord Mayor of The East Riding for his thoughts. He's not been the same since they made Hull the Capital of Culture :cool:.... We have to tip out hat these days to the Border guards!!! :blackeye:

@Sheffields Finest - have you got your visa? You probably need the same drugs as you took on your recent trip to India. I also wouldn't drink the water, since it could come the Humber, which is as clean as some rivers in India :poop::drool::dead:
PS I lived in Hull for three years while at university
First of all, we've not changed a bit now that Kingston upon Hull is City of Culture 2017 (note how I used the proper name and even pronounced the haitch!).
As for the post, clearly no attempt to play the ball by the defender, the ball was played against him. The defender had only one objective and that was a shoulder charge. Now there's nothing wrong with some shoulder to shoulder contact but when one player hits another , at speed, from distance, with his shoulder, then there's only one outcome.....foul. In this case I view this as serious foul play and would not hesitate to dismiss.

The Oracle has spoken, you may now close the thread..............

Is it not arguably reckless to run head down in that fashion with the ball not under any sort of close control and a opposition player 10 yards in front of you? Just saying...

^^^
This is an argument some are making over here.

Have actually blown up a similar tackle against a player who completely flattened the opposing player after winning the ball. (More front on though.) Caused a huge ruckus at the time but after the game the player who I sanctioned apologised for going in so hard.

Great discussion BTW. I've moved into the yellow card / reckless camp after reading all of this.

Back