A&H

Peterborough v Swindon

HullRef

RefChat Addict
Does anyone know what happened to the supporter, I just switched it on when the referee was debating what to do. using Law 18, he came to the right decision IMO.

What are your thoughts? Do you know what happened?

Obviously I wish the supporter all the best in his/her recovery.

The Referee Store
It was the Johnston's paint trophy Southern area final first leg tonight. There was an emergency with a supporter after about 87 mins into the game (2-2 at the time) and I think one of the players picked the ball up (because play eventually restarted with a free kick that was played back to the keeper of the offending team). The referee suspended play so that the fan could be treated (I don't know what for), he told both teams to go back into the changing rooms and then after about 5-10 minutes they came back out to play the 5 mins left in the game. The referee spoke to his assessor (Mike Wiley) and it seems that they agreed to play the last 5 mins (finished 2-2 btw). Some people including one of the commentators said that he should have abandoned the game but I think that would've been a bit too excessive with only 5 mins left. I think he handled it really well but that's just my opinion.

It was a bizarre game 2 own goals, I think it was 2 red cards (definitely at least one ) and then the thing with the supporter at the end, it wasn't an easy day at the office for Paul Tierney.

Paul Tierney has continued to get big games this season. He's had an awesome season throughout. He'll get one of the big games at the end of the season or promoted to Premier League!

Back