A&H

Pet hates

The Referee Store
To be honest if it not in the original position to where it was before and it it yards back from where it went out then that fine let them take it from there if it like yards in front then yes give the foul throw

So, if the they tried to take the throw from ten yards back you'd allow it? The throw in needs to be taken from the right place, simple as that.

So, if the they tried to take the throw from ten yards back you'd allow it? The throw in needs to be taken from the right place, simple as that.

100% agree if you're being assessed, or if its a cup final etc.

But if its u14's on a Sunday afternoon and they take it 10 yds further back.......i'm not going to lose any sleep over that at all........

Law 18 applies.

There is room for common sense and there is also those occasions where players should follow instructions. If it's a nothing throw-in a short distance from the correct position, fine. If it's blatantly from the wrong place, you have told them where to take it from or they are attempting to gain advantage (ie being sneaky) by taking it from the wrong place, not fine.

You are usually hot on following the laws to the letter @Padfoot ;)

Hadn't. Seen. It. Damn. Climbs down from high horse and skulks out of room

:D

100% agree if you're being assessed, or if its a cup final etc.

But if its u14's on a Sunday afternoon and they take it 10 yds further back.......i'm not going to lose any sleep over that at all........

Law 18 applies.

There's always room for common sense. If it's a couple of yards either way I'm not going to slow the game down by pulling it up, hence my use of 10 yards. Same with players taking a couple of steps before throwing the ball.

I often use the chance to be picky about a throw if i haven't had any involvement for a while! I don't want the players forgetting I'm there! After all the day should all be about me!

In seriousness one thing i hate is players running twenty yards for a throw like they are planning to throw the ball to the moon only to just let it trickle out of their hands to a player two feet away!

My other pey hate is before a game you'll get chatting to some old boy who'll tell you football has gone to pot. It's a mans game and how he once played with his leg broken in fifty places. Then within three minutes of the most innocuous challenge he'll be the one shouting how you're a disgrace and should be keeping the game under control, it's turning into a blood bath etc.

Thinking about it when I'm that age i might start doing that. Reading it back it sounds like fun!

I often use the chance to be picky about a throw if i haven't had any involvement for a while! I don't want the players forgetting I'm there! After all the day should all be about me!

that made me chuckle, Dave :)

When a player calls you a cheat from behind you and because there's 2-3 players there you can't tell who said it!

My number one. Bad sportsmanship at the final whistle. If can't win or lose with at least some grace you shouldn't play or be involved with the beautiful game.

Seeing a team of officials walking out with the flags rolled up. Gets right on my goat when I see that

Had one last night, player kicks it, defender jumps and turns his back at the same time, about 3 yards away, hits him straight on the arm, "Handball ref!!!"

"Erm, no" :)

Today reminded me that players not seemingly understanding the difference between deliberate and accidental handball eventually grinds my gears to use a peter griffinism

It's not that they don't understand. They mostly seem to understand just fine, but only care about it if it is a decision which benefits their team. :)

Back