A&H

Paris World games

Ewan Reed

Level 5 Referee
Hi all,
I've been offered the chance to referee with a team of 4 at the Paris World games 2017.
Just wondering if anyone has refereed there before and if anyone has got advice?!
Cheers

The Referee Store
Hi all,
I've been offered the chance to referee with a team of 4 at the Paris World games 2017.
Just wondering if anyone has refereed there before and if anyone has got advice?!
Cheers
I personally don't have such experience myself, however 8 members of our referee academy group went to the Paris World Cup last summer. Thoroughly enjoyed it, the atmosphere and the level of football. Granted they stayed in a hotel that was subsidised by MFA, so can't advise on the accommodations provided.

Accomadation is poor, unless you're willing to spend extra. I'll be missing out this year, had to turn down my offer on Tuesday, worst thing I've ever said no to as I was really looking forward to it!

Hi all,

Just quickly, sorry as I know there have been a lot of posts recently on this topic, I just have a few extra questions.

Firstly, I understand you need "county clearance". Is this done by you personally or do the company sort this for you by speaking to your County FA?

Secondly, if you choose to apply individually, do you have less chance of being chosen? And also, say I was to apply (I am London FA) does that mean I go through a selection process with them, or do I just get put through individually?

Finally, how long does it normally take for a response from them as to whether you have been accepted or not?

Thanks, and good luck to everyone already going!☺️

Hi all,

Just quickly, sorry as I know there have been a lot of posts recently on this topic, I just have a few extra questions.

Firstly, I understand you need "county clearance". Is this done by you personally or do the company sort this for you by speaking to your County FA?

Secondly, if you choose to apply individually, do you have less chance of being chosen? And also, say I was to apply (I am London FA) does that mean I go through a selection process with them, or do I just get put through individually?

Finally, how long does it normally take for a response from them as to whether you have been accepted or not?

Thanks, and good luck to everyone already going!☺️
Try to keep your questions in one place @Ben Knipe

Read these threads as they answer your questions.

http://www.refchat.co.uk/threads/paris-world-cup-july-4-9-2016.8019/

http://www.refchat.co.uk/threads/refereeing-in-foreign-tournaments.8468/

http://www.refchat.co.uk/threads/iber-cup-lisbon-2017.8937/

http://www.refchat.co.uk/threads/paris-world-cup-2016.7261/

Good advice from Brian, but just to add to the county clearance. This is actually International Clearance and any referee taking charge outside of his registered country needs this. In reality it isn't as grandiose as it sounds, and is essentially just your RDO sending an email to confirm that you are registered for that season, not subject to any kind of suspension, and have a current CRC that is valid for the duration of the tournament you are applying for.

In terms of selection and acceptance, that is down to the individual tournament. Some will ask for recommendations from county RDOs, some will favour returning referees, some just take any applicants, really comes down to how many applicants there are versus the number of places.

The RA have tweeted this earlier tonight "The RA is supporting a number of referees who are struggling to get international clearance for tournaments overseas this year"

The RA have tweeted this earlier tonight "The RA is supporting a number of referees who are struggling to get international clearance for tournaments overseas this year"
As the process is as simple as Rusty suggests I can't help thinking that maybe those struggling aren't considered ready for an international tournament and therefore their County FA don't feel able to support their request for clearance.

Good advice from Brian, but just to add to the county clearance. This is actually International Clearance and any referee taking charge outside of his registered country needs this. In reality it isn't as grandiose as it sounds, and is essentially just your RDO sending an email to confirm that you are registered for that season, not subject to any kind of suspension, and have a current CRC that is valid for the duration of the tournament you are applying for.

In terms of selection and acceptance, that is down to the individual tournament. Some will ask for recommendations from county RDOs, some will favour returning referees, some just take any applicants, really comes down to how many applicants there are versus the number of places.
Having sought clearance myself 3 years ago it took an email and a follow up phone call.

With regard to the second paragraph above, with more wanting to go, trusted previous appointments stand you in good stead for a place.

I suspect Paris may struggle this year as it clashes with Lisbon, so your chances of acceptance are higher.

Didn't answer one of Ben's questions - how long to get a reply? It can take weeks unfortunately.

I dropped an eMail to my RDO, I think he had to contact the FA, then I had an email back with my acceptance.

As for acceptance, I messaged Daniele (referee organiser) Him self on facebook, and been told I had been accepted then. HOwever for Paris I know there was a deadline of the 31st as he was going to Paris on the 9th to agree it all, so maybe worth dropping him a quick message. Gutted I can't make it.

I contacted my RDO and have been told to email Sarah at The FA.

@youwhatref?! Daniele?

Who told you that Ben, as it isn't right? Your CFA will have details that are needed for this - i.e. are you registered and do you have a CRC - Sarah won't want to be getting involved in that, she is a senior referee administrator primarily for referees at L4 and above..

Who told you that Ben, as it isn't right? Your CFA will have details that are needed for this - i.e. are you registered and do you have a CRC - Sarah won't want to be getting involved in that, she is a senior referee administrator primarily for referees at L4 and above..
Hugh at the London FA

Back