A&H

Open Age OA having only referee up to u16?

micky2001

Looking for opinions on reffing in OA league next season having 20 or so games at boys club with the oldest being u16.

The Referee Store
not sure i understand the question. given that you're a level 5, i assume that you're not talking about yourself

Level 5 here means you have passed the LOTG exam and referee regularly whist also attending association weekly fitness training and monthly meetings.

We only get assessed at u19 and above which I haven't did any of, although I have had a few refereeing friends out for informal assessments. If I do go OA it may mean leaving my PT job so I'm trying to weigh up my options.

What pays more I'd look at? I get more reffing than I would in a part time job

What pays more I'd look at? I get more reffing than I would in a part time job

I get more per hour refereeing, however, over a year, due to the close season and weather I get more working. I need to do 100 games a year to get the same as my job.

If you feel ready, go for it.

I feel as if I could go for it but I just worry that it might be too big a leap and I then don't progress. Although, the rewards are bigger in terms of promotion and higher fees

Don't worry about the leap. 16 year olds run a lot faster and turn a lot quicker than most players in the bottom rung of OA. :D

@micky2001 I play U16s and recently ran the line on my first OA game. If I'm being honest I found the OA easier (even if it was on the line) than I would reffing one of the games I play in.

Whilst sometimes it can be more of a challenge players you probably won't find them questioning every single decision you make unlike in U16s.

Back