A&H

Nike roller suitcase

The Referee Store
Sign of the times in refereeing circles that OP wants a Nike, rather than a roller case. Happening with watches, flags, whistles, etc.; so different from a few years ago, when branding was not seen as vitally important.
Hope you find one at a sensible price.

... and don't policemen all look so young nowadays :)
The main concern I have as a Referee Developer (Tutor) and mentor/coach for newer referees, is that the young referees on here and other sites are all encouraged to waste money on brands because others have that brand - I regularly speak with parents on the touchline watching their son or daughter referee, and they express surprise about how expensive it is to referee. When we talk it through, they are hearing how "every referee needs" watches with heat mapping and all the extras, Nike kit, Nike bags, pens that can be used underwater, etc.
We have now developed a guide for parents showing what is essential, and what is not, with a large cost difference in these difficult times.

The main concern I have as a Referee Developer (Tutor) and mentor/coach for newer referees, is that the young referees on here and other sites are all encouraged to waste money on brands because others have that brand - I regularly speak with parents on the touchline watching their son or daughter referee, and they express surprise about how expensive it is to referee. When we talk it through, they are hearing how "every referee needs" watches with heat mapping and all the extras, Nike kit, Nike bags, pens that can be used underwater, etc.
We have now developed a guide for parents showing what is essential, and what is not, with a large cost difference in these difficult times.
I have one Nike jersey with my county logo for any county cup games I get or when I have AR appointments to the county league. Otherwise I wear a lot of generic (mostly second hand) FA kit of varying ages.

Morning all,

Looking for one of the above. Anyone know of them for sale?

Thanks
Nike have stopped manufacturing these. They have been discontinued.

We have a Nike roller bag, albeit it’s not a suitcase

My concern is more around why a referee wants to turn up to a game looking like an airline pilot or someone going on his holidays 😂

The cost comment is perfectly valid though. A Nike bag costing over £100 won't be any better than an own brand model costing a third of the price. I still have my Decathlon trolley bag from the best part of 20 years ago.

My concern is more around why a referee wants to turn up to a game looking like an airline pilot or someone going on his holidays 😂

The cost comment is perfectly valid though. A Nike bag costing over £100 won't be any better than an own brand model costing a third of the price. I still have my Decathlon trolley bag from the best part of 20 years ago.
My roller bag and yes it is a Nike is still too large, and I HAVE been asked by a referee what time my flight was after the game! :p

All the prem refs 'ave 'em.

I do need an alternative when not driving... I have the bike roller bag, i look like am taking a body to the morgue after the match it's that big.

Not great if the ref has a small car .

All the prem refs 'ave 'em.

I do need an alternative when not driving... I have the bike roller bag, i look like am taking a body to the morgue after the match it's that big.

Not great if the ref has a small car .
Yes, because they often stay overnight in hotels, they are by definition travellers.

Yes, because they often stay overnight in hotels, they are by definition travellers.
Yes, but they don't take their pyjamas to the game, or at least not in their kit bag.
They are being used as an alternative referee bag. I worked with an FL ref, PL AR and Step 1 AR on a friendly and the whole team had them.

Yes, but they don't take their pyjamas to the game, or at least not in their kit bag.
They are being used as an alternative referee bag. I worked with an FL ref, PL AR and Step 1 AR on a friendly and the whole team had them.
Fair enough, perhaps I'm just old fashioned but I think it looks silly. And I've seen supply league players and officials laugh at match officials as they walk into the ground pulling a trolley case, jokes like you going on holiday straight after ref, or you come straight from the airport ref?

I'd hazard a guess that PGMOL officials get them provided, especially if they were all the same brand and type.

Fair enough, perhaps I'm just old fashioned but I think it looks silly. And I've seen supply league players and officials laugh at match officials as they walk into the ground pulling a trolley case, jokes like you going on holiday straight after ref, or you come straight from the airport ref?

I'd hazard a guess that PGMOL officials get them provided, especially if they were all the same brand and type.
Certain they do/did.
But it's why everyone wants them. The big boys have 'em.

Certain they do/did.
Depends if you want to be a sheep and follow the top level or not. I've always asked myself two things before buying anything refereeing related ...

- will it make me look more professional?
- will it help me referee the game better?

A trolley bag certainly doesn't meet the latter of those requirements, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't really help with the other. It might possibly at the top level when all of the officials are getting off a minibus from the hotel together, all dressed the same and with the same bag.

Sign of the times in refereeing circles that OP wants a Nike, rather than a roller case. Happening with watches, flags, whistles, etc.; so different from a few years ago, when branding was not seen as vitally important.
Hope you find one at a sensible price.
I mean it's not a sign of the times, but the bags I have seen that have good designs for refereeing equipment are Nike. I could always use my Antler carry on if you like?!

Nike have stopped manufacturing these. They have been discontinued.

We have a Nike roller bag, albeit it’s not a suitcase
Thank you, don't suppose you have a picture of the compartment?

Certain they do/did.
Just pure laziness for me, combined with having too much in my bag.

Hated yomping around carrying a bag and, honestly, the Nike bag was the first one I came across.

Back