A&H

Neymar red card

The Referee Store
Decent video here -

Agree with SF, think a yellow for AA is best here but can see why the ref has given it here. Even though he's so close I think that actually obscures his view, he's kind of side on when it happens.

Ah, didn’t grab that from the clip, yes, he’s targeted and it’s only human to snap occasionally. Who wouldn’t!

Yellow for both is the right decision here. Also looks like the referee had already whistled for that first foul (?), so Neymar in the end only brought it upon himself by playing on.

Last edited:
I remember a (white) lad 5-6 years ago, good player in our league, we had a team that were mainly mixed race and they knew how to foul, (I used to ref this team quite a bit so i knew some of the main offenders), this lad was decent but a bit of a poser, he was being kicked a bit by various different players, nothing too serious, but not the same player!! After about the fifth foul in a few minutes he jumped up and violently pushed the last player middle of the chest and sent him sprawling. A melee followed and I sent him off, talking after he'd wrongly assumed that it was the same player and just lost it!!! Ill not use the exact words he used but it was a form of lazy stereotyping!

Back