A&H

Newcastle Vs Palace

The tackle at 1min 30sec is

• Red Card

• Yellow Card

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Referee Store
Nailed on red, nasty scissor action on standing leg! Although easy to say with replays, but at normal speed, the referee's position and the location on the pitch (opposite side from assisstant), might not have realised the severity of the challenge.

Nailed on red, nasty scissor action on standing leg! Although easy to say with replays, but at normal speed, the referee's position and the location on the pitch (opposite side from assisstant), might not have realised the severity of the challenge.
Though, if you watch the referee on the video, he looks like he's reaching for a red card from a top pocket as he's running across to the scene of the incident ....

Just seen this and I can see a case for both, probably edging towards red but not nailed on!!! Years ago that would of been a cracking welcome to our ground tackle!!!

Out of all the prem refs, Atwell stands out for looking out of his depth unfortunately. Here again, match control seems to have gone.

I actually think it was a yellow but have only seen it in slow motion so depends on speed. It seems fashionable particularly with pundits to say oh it was scissor motion in tackle it's a red. Not necessarily case

I actually think it was a yellow but have only seen it in slow motion so depends on speed. It seems fashionable particularly with pundits to say oh it was scissor motion in tackle it's a red. Not necessarily case
I would say that it could be argued for either red or yellow (orange?) apart from that it was an attacker that made the challenge near his opponents penalty area, so he hasn't really needed to go for the tackle like that, and that for me makes it excessive.

I would say that it could be argued for either red or yellow (orange?) apart from that it was an attacker that made the challenge near his opponents penalty area, so he hasn't really needed to go for the tackle like that, and that for me makes it excessive.
Where it was on pitch is irrelevant not sure how that makes it excessive

Where it was on pitch is irrelevant not sure how that makes it excessive
If it was a defender near his own area then you would expect him to go for a challenge, but an attacker that is near his opponents area you probably wouldn't, I was more talking about the situation.

That's just my interpretation but others probably have a different one.

If it was a defender near his own area then you would expect him to go for a challenge, but an attacker that is near his opponents area you probably wouldn't, I was more talking about the situation.

That's just my interpretation but others probably have a different one.

I can see what you are saying, but the position on the pitch isn't something that you can take into account for SFP, nor whether it is an attacker of defender making the challenge. All you can ask yourself is did it use excessive force and / or did it endanger the safety of the opponent. I think it can definitely be argued that it met both of these criteria, but like others I see it in the orange category, probably on the redder side of orange.

Having had the joys of Vinny Jones for a few seasons at BDTBL this is pretty tame, not sure if Vincent would play much under the current LOTG!! Enjoy!!

Back