A&H

New Season Preperations

So today is July 1st, only 37 Days until my supply league season kicks off. Well not quite true as I have actually closed that day as we have family plans that weekend!
How is everyone's summer been going. If your lucky you've been able to relax. If your unlucky you've been training for your fitness test! Over the last few years I have trained for this mainly on an athletics track, after all that where the test is. However this year logistics have meant that it just not been possible. As a result I have been having a confidence crisis going into the test.
Track.gif

Its not helped by the fact that I only had one game between January and the end of the season and had done little to none training. So I have been building my fitness back up. I am going down the track with @willpare on Monday night to have a test run. Interestingly I have just been going through my Garmin Connect times from last year and I am actually not that far off time wise. Which means my fitness is recovering quick or I was really unfit last year. One thing that hasn't helped is during my lay off ive pilled over a stone on which I need to lose before the season starts. I am confident that will happen but trying running around with extra weight on, you sooner tire!

However I am sure that next Sunday it will all be fine and the test will be passed.
Luckily as I now have less disposable income, there is no new Umbro kit this year. Looking at it I may need a knew set of boots but not a great deal else. I need to get a few odds and ends like match pads and a new whistle but nothing of real expense. I quite fancy the new Umbro training kit though so may shell out on that. Plus can see it being useful with the FA Tutor training going forward (Really need to do a post on that!)
I also have my first pre season game lined up on the 19th between two supply league sides, so looking forward to that. Hopefully by then fitness will have clicked in to place.

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
Back