A&H

Monsieur Lee Probert

Steve C

The Unfit one!
So Mr Probert has his first Championship game of the season tonight at AFCB v Watford.

The past 2 games hes reffed there for us is vs Liverpool (lost 2-0) in the FA Cup last season, missed a blatent tug on Simon Francis' shirt from Martin kelly, and before that AFCBs friendly against Real Madrid (lost 6-0)

Hopefully a win tonight!

The Referee Store
I'm pretty sure this is not his first Championship game of the season?...

Has done Charlton V Brighton in the Championship, as well as Fulham V Wolves and Cardiff V Reading in the FA Cup.

Oh ok, id only seen him down for L2 games and FA cup :) thanks for the correction

Hes sent someone off inside 30 seconds...

Why has Probert for spray, i didnt think the football league used it? I thought it was fa cup,, league cup and prem only?

Ahhh ok!

Ronald Ganfield was in ths wrong place ish for the penalty then, he was half way between goal and pen area, i thought it was on the penalty area and goal line intersection?

Or am i being wrong for the 3rd time in this thread? Haha

Same, my first thought was yellow and im an afcb supporter haha, but i can see why he gave it

Managed to pause the video dead on the tackle, for me if the tackle doesn't take place, he goes 1v1 with the keeper, so very good decision from Lee in my opinion!
upload_2015-1-30_23-30-21.png

What your screenshot doesn't show though Ryan, is how far in front of him his touch goes. From seeing the video I don't think he'd get on the end of it. For me, yellow.

Red card overturned

Player available for next game.....but watford seriously disadvantaged at bournemouth

How long before matches are ordered to be replayed in such circumstances, I wonder

My thoughts are that the attacker was too far from goal and was being caught up by the non-tackling defender. Not a DOGSO for me.

Red card overturned

Player available for next game.....but watford seriously disadvantaged at bournemouth

How long before matches are ordered to be replayed in such circumstances, I wonder
The result is what it is. Would anybody consider ordering a replay if the top striker of one team had their ankle twisted in a tackle the month before, or that the ace goalkeeper of the league was knocked out by a goalpost? These things are both outside that team's control - why are they not accounted for, when calling for matches to be replayed.

The referee made his decision based on a single viewing, from a single position, from a dozen yards away, in the space of about 2 seconds.
The review makes their decision based on multiple viewings, from multiple positions, from images that can be zoomed and slo-mo-ed and frozen, over a period of hours. If the player makes a foul that could be construed as a red card offence, they have no right to complain that they missed a match from it - even if the review can find the card should have been yellow.

The result is what it is. Would anybody consider ordering a replay if the top striker of one team had their ankle twisted in a tackle the month before, or that the ace goalkeeper of the league was knocked out by a goalpost? These things are both outside that team's control - why are they not accounted for, when calling for matches to be replayed.

The referee made his decision based on a single viewing, from a single position, from a dozen yards away, in the space of about 2 seconds.
The review makes their decision based on multiple viewings, from multiple positions, from images that can be zoomed and slo-mo-ed and frozen, over a period of hours. If the player makes a foul that could be construed as a red card offence, they have no right to complain that they missed a match from it - even if the review can find the card should have been yellow.

I'm not sure that's how it works - certainly not the "over a period of hours" part

I read that its 3 ex refs, who are not in contact with each other. Each deliver their verdict separately and unless all 3 say red card its overturned.

I'm not sure that's how it works - certainly not the "over a period of hours" part

I read that its 3 ex refs, who are not in contact with each other. Each deliver their verdict separately and unless all 3 say red card its overturned.
That does seem a very good way of managing it, in terms of avoiding the "committee problem" and not having one louder voice in the trio overwhelm the others.
However, the point remains - if on one viewing it's close enough that the match referee seeing it live, or even two out of three referees seeing it in replay mode, determine it to be a red - then a player has very little claim to being unfairly disadvantaged by their own actions.

Back