A&H

Mid season promotions- mid season applications?

Tealeaf

Lighting the darkest hour
Staff member
Straight up question as I can’t see anything either way in the FA Refereeing Strategy flyer sent on 27 July.

Mid season promotions are now a reality. But can promotion be applied for throughout the season, or is that still fixed at the point of registration and if for instance you’re working overseas and unsure when you’ll be back, is it simply a case of having to wait up to 12 months?

The Referee Store
You can apply for promotion at 4 points during the year. It’s usually during the advertised window. Check with your RDO as they usually send out an email with this information. This is for 7-6 and 6-5.
However you can only apply for 4W-3W and 5-4 at the start of the season as far as I’m aware.

You can apply for promotion at 4 points during the year. It’s usually during the advertised window. Check with your RDO as they usually send out an email with this information. This is for 7-6 and 6-5.
However you can only apply for 4W-3W and 5-4 at the start of the season as far as I’m aware.
As far as I'm aware, you can throw your hat in the ring for promotion at any point in the year. However, there are only four points in the season when you can actually achieve promotion by appropriately meeting all the required criteria - end Oct, end Dec, end Feb and end Apr.

However, as ever, would in no way surprise me to learn that different counties do things differently :rolleyes:

As far as I'm aware, you can throw your hat in the ring for promotion at any point in the year. However, there are only four points in the season when you can actually achieve promotion by appropriately meeting all the required criteria - end Oct, end Dec, end Feb and end Apr.

However, as ever, would in no way surprise me to learn that different counties do things differently :rolleyes:
It must be on a county by county basis then because I asked outside one of these windows and was told I had to wait to enter the promotion scheme and that an email would be sent when the window would be open. Fill out a form and pay your fee...

Back