A&H

Michael Oliver.....

The Referee Store
Balls like water melons to give that simulation caution against de Maria at old Trafford. Great call.

When Di Maria grabbed his shirt was that not violent conduct? In which case should it not have been a straight red rather than a second yellow? Just wondered that's all.

Brilliant performance though - currently trying to convince my anti referee friend that he got everything right.

Brilliant performance though - currently trying to convince my anti referee friend that he got everything right.
Me too, my dad won't have any of it.
I don't think the shirt grab was enough for violent conduct, especially with him already on a yellow.

Hand on an official - no tolerance at all.

Plus at the Stretford End to boot.

Bet Lucy's gonna make it a special night too. Probs in the car with them (again)

Can we take our ABU specs off please gents. Was Di Maria not fouled? (Answer: yes he was)

Good to see Oliver finds his balls AFTER the Manchester Derby.
Had it been Rooney I GUARANTEE he is doing nothing and the press would have slated him if he had. But Di Maria is a dirty foreigner so......

A few incidents perhaps missed (foul on di Maria near the top of the penalty arc, potential caution to the Arsenal defender, possible earlier caution to Rojo), a couple of lenient moments, but overall, one of the better performances of any referee in the Premier League/FA Cup/etc this season.

Well, I guess I see what is IMO a slight pull.
For a YC to be given there has to be no contact for me.
Don't get e wrong Di Maria has felt some contact and gone down..... but that will happen ten times this weekend and most will be given as Free kicks.

Football is not a non contact sport, a slight tug on the wrist does NOT give you the correct force to throw Di Maria over in the way that he did, he simulated a foul, thats the yellow (correct yellow). If your watch got snagged as you walked past a door handle say which thus gives you a slight tug on the wrist, would it throw you to the floor? No, its simulation all day

I wish that I had a watch that costs as much as Di Maria....though I would expect it to work a lot better

apple watch it is, then

When Di Maria grabbed his shirt was that not violent conduct? In which case should it not have been a straight red rather than a second yellow? Just wondered that's all.

Straight red for VC, or second yellow for dissent or aggressive attitude? If anything, going the second yellow route Oliver has prevented Di Maria from appealing the dismissal.

And what a joy watching the game and listening to the commentary: Danny Murphy consistently disagreeing with decisions "live", then changing his mind after seeing a replay (followed by a compliment to Oliver). Nice to hear officials being praised for a change.

He got the decision right on Di Maria right and that of Januzaj later on. Both were simulated dives and deserved a caution. But I agree with @deusex, there'll be several similar incidents this weekend in the PL (and lower leagues, too) which will go unpunished or free kicks given.
Oliver's match was far from perfect (Rojo should've received an earlier caution, Bellerin should've gone for a second caution, the whack on the back of Di Maria's leg on the edge of the box was a missed, Fellaini got away with several before he was finally cautioned ... and Joe Hart should've gone, too :))

What an excellent game Michael Oliver had at Old Trafford last night. I think he got all the big decisions right, and was not afraid to take action against simulation. It was good to see an official not intimidated by Manchester United. Though with Sir Alex now retired, maybe it is not quite so intimidating.

Can we take our ABU specs off please gents. Was Di Maria not fouled? (Answer: yes he was)

Good to see Oliver finds his balls AFTER the Manchester Derby.
Had it been Rooney I GUARANTEE he is doing nothing and the press would have slated him if he had. But Di Maria is a dirty foreigner so......

Was Di Maria fouled ? (Answer: No he wasn't !

I was under the impression a pull was a foul. I have been enlightened. Don't know what these big decisions Oliver got right were. His cautioning was very inconsistent.

Back