A&H

Luis Suarez

Mooseybaby

Retired big bad baldy in all black!
Luis Suarez and bizarreness are never far apart...

During injury time of Barcelona's 3-0 win over Las Palmas, Suarez missed a chance to make it 4-0. Frustrated with himself, Suarez ripped open the front of his shirt and walked off the pitch forcing Barcelona to play out the remainder of injury time with 10 men!

Yellow card for leaving field of play without permission anyone? :D

The Referee Store
Absolutely, although frustration and given the situation instructions may have been given to referees to not cause any controversy?

That aside I had my first ever leaving the pitch without permission yellow card on Saturday, guy starts shouting at me to come on, ball in play I am doing nothing as I hadn't seen him leave, play on for about three minutes he is going ballistic as is his manager. Ball finally out of play.

Walk across and say why did you leave the pitch? They are shouting he was ready ten minutes ago to come on, I repeat why did you leave? he says he came across to get some spray on his leg and why didn't I wave him on when eh was ready to go? I explain I must be made aware that he has left and then check that whatever has been adjusted correctly or blood not flowing etc and produce yellow. Side line goes ape, the player I didn't know that? I said well you should blame your manager for not informing you. However fro future reference always inform the ref you are leaving or entering the pitch.

He came over during next stoppage and apologised for leaving without permission and said he would have a look at the LOTG so he is aware of things in future! Result in my book.

Back