A&H

LOTG quizzes

haywain

the voice of reason
Level 7 Referee
http://areferee.com/soccer.php

found this set of quizzes on the lotg. one or two of the answers had me thinking, they've not got that one right, surely, but, if you've got half an hour to kill, not a bad set of questions, all in all, imho

just realised that refreshing the above page gives you more quizzes - i could be gone for some time :)

The Referee Store
Just done one of these, and got a confusing answer:

"A substitute enters the field of play without permission, and recklessly strikes an opponent. What do you do?"

The answer given was:

"Send the player off for two cautions, and restart with an indirect free kick"

Surely the sending off would be for the reckless striking rather than for the two cautions?

actually, i'm really disappointed with this site.

questions relating to dangerous play have come up with differing answers (restart with direct/indirect FK). also questions relating to impeding the progress of an opponent have come up with contradictory answers.

I'm going to stop before it continues to confuse me.

As i said, Rich, some of the answers are questionable but, challenging an answer by referring to your copy of the lotg is part of the challenge

no need to be confused.....for goodness sake, you're on this site, reading the variety of answers given by different people to different issues, some very right, some very wrong, but it hasn't made you give up on here, has it :)

ref your first criticism, perhaps it is the mental picture that you had in your head re the 'strike' that caused you to doubt the answer

substitute entering the field of play without permission - first caution

'reckless' striking of an opponent - second caution and sending off (only striking the opponent with 'excessive force' would merit a straight red, i.e. caution for entering the pitch, then straight red for the strike)

would you agree?

yes i agree with your logic, i just can't imagine a situation where a "reckless strike" would not constitute violent conduct.

i agree, Rich, it is hard to picture a reckless strike - i guess reckless and excessive, where strikes are concerned, lie somewhere between making a fist and moving it towards another player at one end and knocking the other player out cold...or worse at the other extreme

i think i'll put this one to my next r.a. meeting :)

I used this site as prep for my course an found it really helpful. I accept that some answers needed further LOTG investigation but, as there are so few LOTG quiz sites around it was a real help. I still use it between seasons.

Back