Woodford Green
Bromley
Bolton

There
!

How sure are you of these dates?
I am this sure, in my email confirming selection for promotion it said:
The promotion is subject to the following condition:

You will be required to successfully complete the requisite Fitness Test to be held at various venues across the country on Sunday 11 June and Sunday 9 July 2017. The Fitness Test requires you to complete a continuous run for 12 minutes, covering a minimum distance of 2600 metres. As well as this, you will be required to complete two 50 metres sprints, each in under 7.5 seconds.

Have you got level 4 this year or are you going for it this year? If its the latter you dont need to worry about these two dates you'll do your test with your county.

I am this sure, in my email confirming selection for promotion it said:
The promotion is subject to the following condition:

You will be required to successfully complete the requisite Fitness Test to be held at various venues across the country on Sunday 11 June and Sunday 9 July 2017. The Fitness Test requires you to complete a continuous run for 12 minutes, covering a minimum distance of 2600 metres. As well as this, you will be required to complete two 50 metres sprints, each in under 7.5 seconds.

Have you got level 4 this year or are you going for it this year? If its the latter you dont need to worry about these two dates you'll do your test with your county.
I got it this year but tbh only flicked over the email quickly and missed the date thing

So if people get advised not to play football in case they get injured does that mean at level 4 and above you need to jack in anything which may injure you, such as cycling, running and going to the gym
I don't think that's necessary! Jon Moss still cycles long distances, and I'd like to think he takes it all very seriously! ;)

Depends how seriously you want to take your refereeing

I appreciate that if you want to make it to the top then sacrifices need to be made, and if you were into activities where injury was a high possability then you would need to consider giving these up, and I accept football could be classed as one of these.

But, fitness is an important aspect of refereeing, so keeping fit is a requirement, and as most people aren't lucky enough to be naturally fit working out is needed.

If I got to level 4, and picked up an injury whilst in the gym, or out for a run will it really be held against you, providing you're not constantly crying off games.

I appreciate that if you want to make it to the top then sacrifices need to be made, and if you were into activities where injury was a high possability then you would need to consider giving these up, and I accept football could be classed as one of these.

But, fitness is an important aspect of refereeing, so keeping fit is a requirement, and as most people aren't lucky enough to be naturally fit working out is needed.

If I got to level 4, and picked up an injury whilst in the gym, or out for a run will it really be held against you, providing you're not constantly crying off games.
I think you and others are failing to appreciate the point of my posts. You are a referee, not a player. By continuing to play when you've reached a certain level in football you leave yourself open to being targeted while playing, accusations of bias, being unappointable for certain games, picking up suspensions which can lead to embarrassment of crying off games and unnecessary injuries which do the same.

I'm not saying don't train or participate in other sports but stick to refereeing when involved in football.

I think you and others are failing to appreciate the point of my posts. You are a referee, not a player. By continuing to play when you've reached a certain level in football you leave yourself open to being targeted while playing, accusations of bias, being unappointable for certain games, picking up suspensions which can lead to embarrassment of crying off games and unnecessary injuries which do the same.

I'm not saying don't train or participate in other sports but stick to refereeing when involved in football.

Why? Don't get me wrong Brian, I gave up playing last year to concentrate on my 5-4 promotion which thankfully was a great call in my half! But......
If you enjoy playing,play
If you enjoy reffing, Ref
If you enjoy both, do both! But at the very least keep them separate and by that I mean do not play in an area you referee as you most defiantly will cross paths with players, coaches, managers who will not forget that tackle or that decision.
But hey it's just a game so do what makes you happy

Why? Don't get me wrong Brian, I gave up playing last year to concentrate on my 5-4 promotion which thankfully was a great call in my half! But......
If you enjoy playing,play
If you enjoy reffing, Ref
If you enjoy both, do both! But at the very least keep them separate and by that I mean do not play in an area you referee as you most defiantly will cross paths with players, coaches, managers who will not forget that tackle or that decision.
But hey it's just a game so do what makes you happy
Defiantly? Ok I definitely see what I'm working with here

Defiantly? Ok I definitely see what I'm working with here
Blimey Brian, give him a break!

I played university football as a level 4 last season (for the 3rd team, I'm useless!!) and see no reason why I couldn't do that and still manage to "take my refereeing seriously". I played BUCS on Wednesday afternoons, and refereed on Saturdays and midweek evenings as usual.

Ok when you super fit humanoids who deploy Jedi mind tricks to pacify the opposition come a cropper...

DON'T.BLAME.ME

/postarchivedinfolderentitledtoldyouso

Ok when you super fit humanoids who deploy Jedi mind tricks to pacify the opposition come a cropper...

DON'T.BLAME.ME

/postarchivedinfolderentitledtoldyouso
Thanks Brian. Your advice is much appreciated. And I can see your point of view on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back