A&H

Length of WC matches - more hassle for grassroots

santa sangria

RefChat Addict

Record breaking match lengths - prescribed by FIFA and Collina.

Problem is, at grassroots, we have 5, 10, 15 min turnaround time - and normal 4/5 mins eats into that. We already have leagues where we only play exceptional added time like serious injury.

It means the top of the game is closer to having it’s own laws - and until then, grassroots refs will get it in the neck.

The Referee Store
They will get bored of it, the last couple of games have been more sensible. They will also get huge complaints from the broadcasters, seemingly ITV have represented that they had to cut I'm a Celebrity short by 5 minutes because of last night's game. Plus the studio pundits, who they have spent a fortune on to be there, barely get any time after the game to discuss it.

I don’t see this being a problem at grassroots level. Even if the scoreline is tight more questions will be asked if we’re playing 55 minutes halves than if we’re not

At grassroots most players are dead on their feet after 90 mins, I’d get no complaints for only playing max 5 minutes added as long as I blow for FT when there’s no attack on.

Don’t think any of us are pausing for VAR checks in our games. Get on with it.

The referee is the final arbiter of time. If we decide to add 10mins we can. If we'd rather just wrap it up after 2 mins because the game is dead, it's raining and you want to get home for a bath and a sherry by the fire then we can.

🔥
Cheers!

People at GR will only really expect added time for an incident or some obvious time wasting and if that’s the case, most of us will have probably already stopped outlet watches.

Ah, but you don't allow the substitutes to come onto the f. o. p. at every goal. . . 🙄
They should do as the NFL does - subs running on to celebrate can be penalised with 15 yards added to the kick-off. so in football, the knock off would be on the edge of the centre circle, closer to the scorer's goal...🤔

They should do as the NFL does - subs running on to celebrate can be penalised with 15 yards added to the kick-off. so in football, the knock off would be on the edge of the centre circle, closer to the scorer's goal...🤔
or, in a parallel universe, we could see a referee in Qatar or the EPL apply law . . .

A substitute or substituted player is cautioned if guilty of:
  • entering or re-entering the field of play without the referee’s permission

Back