A&H

League Cup Matches

HullRef

RefChat Addict
Everyone seems to have done great getting some kind of county cup appointment.
Unfortunately I'm too you for almost all of my CFA's cups but I have found out tonight that I have been given a league cup semi final.

I'm really pleased because it is the first cup match that I have been appointed to on merit :)

I also found out that my average respect score has been 90/100 for the season which has really pleased me because it is only my first season and I have had a few problems with some coaches that I though might affect this.

Anyone else got any league cup appointments?

The Referee Store
Well done! You must be doing things correctly then despite what some people may think. ;)
I have done
2x U11 semis in middle and 1 x U12 & 2 x U14 semis on line.

Got an MJPL u14 cup final, a Baylis cup (worcester and district men's league) and a women's county cup final all on the line and within about 2-3 weeks of each other. Men's one is a Tuesday night 7:30pm ko!

I've had a semi-final line but not had any final appt's through yet, they don't know when they're going to be yet either.

I have been appointed to referee the Sunday League Trophy Final (competition involving teams from bottom three divisions). It will be my last game as a referee.

I'll be contributing for a few years yet haywain. You can't just walk away when you're a senior referee tutor and a supply league assessor. It's not the done thing #servicebeforeself

Shame to hear that you are stopping Brian but it sounds like you have done it long enough:rolleyes:
And from the great advice that you give on hear, it sounds like you will make a great tutor/assessor :)

I have been appointed to referee the Sunday League Trophy Final (competition involving teams from bottom three divisions). It will be my last game as a referee.

Fitting that you go out with a cup final - that would be how I will want to have my last game. Hope you don't mind me asking, but why have you decided to call it a day? I remember reading your blog and you reported working hard to get back into fighting shape this season.

Shame to hear that you are stopping Brian but it sounds like you have done it long enough:rolleyes:
And from the great advice that you give on hear, it sounds like you will make a great tutor/assessor :)
Thanks HullRef, I've been a Supply League assessor for 5 seasons and a tutor since 2008. I'm hoping I'm not too bad at it now ;)

Fitting that you go out with a cup final - that would be how I will want to have my last game. Hope you don't mind me asking, but why have you decided to call it a day? I remember reading your blog and you reported working hard to get back into fighting shape this season.
A few reasons. I can do more good helping others become better referees than trying to change the world on my own. I hate being injured and they (injuries) are more frequent than I would like. I was prescribed some new medication in October and it seems to have taken all of the stamina and strength from my legs. If I run a lot in the 1st half I get such bad cramp on 60 minutes that I cannot do more than walk for around 10 minutes and I don't want to become known as a referee who lives in the centre circle.

I'll miss it but 3 days before that Final, I am 4th official on a County Final. I'm really proud of that as an achievement. I had to write a short biog for the programme. It made me smile how much I have enjoyed being on the green bit, how much I have learned about myself and the way people perceive me. It's time for me to concentrate on finding a future FA Cup Final referee and developing them.

I've got my second semi final line tomorrow, last weekend was youths (under 17 & 18) and tomorrow's is under 16's... Not bad for my first season

Thanks HullRef, I've been a Supply League assessor for 5 seasons and a tutor since 2008. I'm hoping I'm not too bad at it now ;)

Well that explains it then :rolleyes:. I've learnt a lot of stuff from you in my first season as a ref, most little things but all important. It's a shame to hear that you are quitting but I'm glad to hear that you are staying a part of refereeing :)

I refereed a league cup semi final a couple of weeks ago and was appointed two assistants. It was a great experience. I was told on Saturday I would get an appointment for a cup final (not sure in what capacity yet though). I will await the news in anticipation!

i've only taken charge of 10 games this season due to a combination of starting late and all the bad weather. i would imagine this would preclude me from being appointed for any of the cups. in any case the cup semi finals and final appointments haven't been made yet, so you never know.

I refereed a league cup semi final a couple of weeks ago and was appointed two assistants. It was a great experience. I was told on Saturday I would get an appointment for a cup final (not sure in what capacity yet though). I will await the news in anticipation!
In my County, in League cups/trophies, etc. often the referee for a semi-final takes on the role of assistant in the final. If that's the case, well done.

Congratulations to one and all who are being acknowledged and rewarded for their hard work, I hope it encourages all other colleagues to go the extra yard next season!

Hullref: I love Semi-Finals, they're (for me anyway) probably more hectic and emotional for clubs and players than the final itself, so please enjoy it mate, and soak up the experience of the day, well done buddy

i've only taken charge of 10 games this season due to a combination of starting late and all the bad weather. i would imagine this would preclude me from being appointed for any of the cups. in any case the cup semi finals and final appointments haven't been made yet, so you never know.
I've only been qualified since November and this weekend have my second cup semi final line in 3 weeks. Very excited about this one as it's the leagues 'A' cup competition and has two teams who are close to the top of the Premier league, whereas allmy other matches have been in Div 2.

Back