A&H

Latest You've Received An Assessment

RefMan01

Got assessed 2 weekends ago and still not received my assessment from it.

Contacted my local CFA, he said I should get it by early this week but sill nothing

Whats the latest one of your assessments has come through ?

The Referee Store
Waited 6 weeks for an assessment before. This was 10 years ago though when they were all hand written

Saying that it once took me 3 weeks to submit one, got called away out of the country with work at very short notice so the assessment kinda got forgotten about till I got back

Ive had 3 assesments this season all advisory ones and ive had them all within a week MAX

A month is the longest Ive waited. But thats only because we have a laughable postal system down my neck of the woods. The ammount of times Ive had the RO asking my why he hasn't recieved my confirmations!

If assessment is carried out on a Saturday, I type it up on Sunday morning and post hard copies. Ref and CFA receive them in Monday's post.

Yes they do, but it's too easy for electronic copies to be altered, so some of us prefer to send hard copy - with a proper written signature on the bottom of the assessment.

Like Martyn I always send mine back within 48 hours, and I'm sure there is something in the assessor's handbook that says they must be done within 5 days of the game. The referee needs the report while the game is still fresh in his mind, and him getting it a month or more after the game is too long and just diminishes its usefullness.

I've waited a month, having made many calls to my Promotion Co-Ordinator I recieved it a full 6 weeks after the assessment, but it wasn't down to the assessor, it was the PCO who was half-soaked and took his time e-mailing me the report, nevertheless it wasn't a bad assessment so the time wasn't spent worrying about that, more worrying about where my PCO had got to!

In my humble opinion it's only right that a referee receives his / her assessment within reason before the next game. Each report presented as an assessment is the final part of the match jigsaw and the referee is able to focus equally on Strengths and areas for development in prep for next game.

Surprisingly a L4 colleague last season has his assessment on email within two hours of the match finishing and before he got home from the game. Arguably this is not necesary best practice as I believe an assessor must take time to consider all issues within the game and then prepare a balanced report.

Back