A&H

Junior/Youth if ball already gone over bar do you bring it back for penalty kick or is it a goal kick

ref craig

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
Shot taken from inside penalty area but skyed and went over bar as it goes over bar player is fouled is it penalty or goal kick

The Referee Store
tough one, if ball has been played by the player and there was no attempted infringements in the build up to the shot then i'd say goal kick but depending on the severity of the challenge reprimand, caution or sent off

I think you could maybe sell this both ways! Although I'd be more inclined to say goal kick give the defence the benefit of the doubt

That's exsactly what I did goal Kick and benefit of the doubt it just at the end of the game the away manager said that I can pull it back but I said that I carnt so thanx for advice and this just proves I'm right as usual

That's exsactly what I did goal Kick and benefit of the doubt it just at the end of the game the away manager said that I can pull it back but I said that I carnt so thanx for advice and this just proves I'm right as usual

you should ask him if he has a copy of the LOTG and to show you were it says that :) i would of gone with a GK but punished the offence (now i am growing in confidence)

had this at the weekend. in my opinion the striker rushed his shot because of the oncoming defender. skyed the ball and got taken out. I gave a pen but didnt send the defender off for DOGSO. Don't know how I would argue that one by law, maybe I would say that he wasnt denying a goal-scoring opportunity because the striker had HAD a goal-scoring chance and missed it? The reason I actually didnt red him was because he was trying to block the shot with a last ditch tackle and accidently crashed into the defender, and I think a red would have been harsh in the situation. Either way, no arguments and nobody asking for the red so I think I did okay...

Easy one in law - he has had the shot and is then fouled. Not DOGSO but definitely a penalty. If anybody argues, you were looking for an advantage - ie the goal being scored.

Reactions: Gaz
Sell it as reckless, give the penalty, give a YC to defender (to sell it as reckless and not DOGSO) and then pray the penalty goes without encroachment/keeper off line!!

Reactions: Gaz
Back