A&H

I mistakenly thought everyone knew by now.....

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
At an U18 match Sunday and after a goal was scored a player took the centre kick i heard "Hey ! Ref I thought he could only kick the ball backwards?" After taking a breath (sarcastically) i said " The law was amended last year, wasn't you told then? " He said with a very puzzled look "Um No" :-( :-(

The Referee Store
yep, we assume they all know at least that amendment, but i've witnessed various misunderstandings
'' it has to go out the centre circle ref!''

'' you cant have two kicking off ref''

'' ref, that went forward! ''

''can you score from kick off now?''

yep, we assume they all know at least that amendment, but i've witnessed various misunderstandings
'' it has to go out the centre circle ref!''

'' you cant have two kicking off ref''

'' ref, that went forward! ''

''can you score from kick off now?''
Oh my word......

An FA appointed referee told players during one of my son u14s matches before Christmas that only one player was allowed in the centre circle at kick offs! :confused::eek::wall:

Mea culpa.

On Saturday I gave kick off to the team that won the toss, choice of ends to the (toss) losing side.

In my defence, your honour, it was

1. my first game since the pre Christmas break
  2. My only error in an otherwise faultless 90 minutes!
About an hour or so after getting home after the game a nagging doubt was gnawing away in my mind, so I checked the good books. Oops.

Mea culpa.

On Saturday I gave kick off to the team that won the toss, choice of ends to the (toss) losing side.

In my defence, your honour, it was

1. my first game since the pre Christmas break
  2. My only error in an otherwise faultless 90 minutes!
About an hour or so after getting home after the game a nagging doubt was gnawing away in my mind, so I checked the good books. Oops.
and I bet no one batted an eyelid.

As others have said ,you get pretty "senior/experienced" captains wanting kick offs after winning the toss - witnessed this at Ryman U18s and Womens PL matches:eek:

Back