A&H

How to get match coach reports

ramref

Level 7 Referee
I'm new to refereeing and this site, I started refereeing back in September and it's been going well so far. I'm doing U11 9v9 games at grassroots every Sunday morning, 3 games per day. I'm a level Y1 and I was wondering what to do when I feel ready to move to Y2. I was wondering how to get the 2 match day coach reports required for promotion? Also, will this carry over once I turn 16, for example if I stay at Y1 do I become L7 and if I go up to Y2 will I instantly become L6 at 16 or is that not the case?
Thanks

The Referee Store
Ask your County FA Referee Development Officer to arrange Match Day Coach visits.
When you reach 16 you will be a Level 7, whether or not you get L2 in the meantime.

Ask your County FA Referee Development Officer to arrange Match Day Coach visits.
When you reach 16 you will be a Level 7, whether or not you get L2 in the meantime.
Would be very lucky to receive the observations in my experience. Requested many a game to have them so I can go from 7-6 and have received none thus far and have been going for it for a season and a half now.

Would be very lucky to receive the observations in my experience. Requested many a game to have them so I can go from 7-6 and have received none thus far and have been going for it for a season and a half now.
Sorry to hear that. The County RDO should be arranging the Match Day Coach visits for you, so ask again (with upcoming match details if available)

You need to contact your RDO. Assuming you are officially on the promotion scheme not getting any coach visits in 18 months is very concerning.

You need to contact your RDO. Assuming you are officially on the promotion scheme not getting any coach visits in 18 months is very concerning.
The issue is that when I moved onto the promotion scheme, i was just aiming at being able to complete the games. Since then, I have moved away to Uni and my main county no longer has an RDO. Birmingham FA are awful at replying to any queries I have regarding my promotion and so, Im going to try Staffordshire FA and see if they can help me any better as my accommodation is on the border of the two county FAs.

The issue is that when I moved onto the promotion scheme, i was just aiming at being able to complete the games. Since then, I have moved away to Uni and my main county no longer has an RDO. Birmingham FA are awful at replying to any queries I have regarding my promotion and so, Im going to try Staffordshire FA and see if they can help me any better as my accommodation is on the border of the two county FAs.
I usually am successful getting the observation if it is midweek. Been gunning for my level 5 for sometime.

Finally got an observation booked.

I think weekend are generally a nightmare for all involved. Higher priority games etc.

Last edited:
There must be someone in your parent county responsible for appointing MDC's and 5>4 observations. Is there a contact name on the website?

There must be someone in your parent county responsible for appointing MDC's and 5>4 observations. Is there a contact name on the website?
For Notts FA (parent county), observations/MDCs for 7>6 and 6>5 are done through a google form and the MDCs/observers pick the games up from there. For about half a season of consistently putting them into the form of 3 games a weekend, I got nothing. Since moving for university, I have also received nothing. The RDO at Birmingham takes forever to reply to me and usually the replies arent of much usefulness regarding anything to do with my promotion as I was worried that I would have to redo all of my 25 games again, which isn't much of an issue except for the fact that I've spent a season and a half going for it and dont particularly want those games to go to waste.

So I finally put in for my promotion this season after 23 years. Had one match day coach so far. My problem is getting my games in. I’ve done 9 lines and 6 middles so far. Can’t really commit to midweeks so may struggle to get the 25 middles needed.

So I finally put in for my promotion this season after 23 years. Had one match day coach so far. My problem is getting my games in. I’ve done 9 lines and 6 middles so far. Can’t really commit to midweeks so may struggle to get the 25 middles needed.
It rolls over now mate. All at your pace. 👍

Birmingham definitely has an RDO so I'm assuming they are not your parent county?

Birmingham use a system called Refsec for appointing matchday coaches and observers. If you're not on their promotion scheme your matches will not appear on their list of games to observe. How are you informing them of your appointments?

I write the Refsec system and I'd like to make sure this sort of situation is accommodated. By all means send me a PM.

Birmingham definitely has an RDO so I'm assuming they are not your parent county?

Birmingham use a system called Refsec for appointing matchday coaches and observers. If you're not on their promotion scheme your matches will not appear on their list of games to observe. How are you informing them of your appointments?

I write the Refsec system and I'd like to make sure this sort of situation is accommodated. By all means send me a PM.
Nah, Nottinghamshire is my parent county. I am signed up to refsec as when i moved to Uni, Notts did have an RDO and they were contacted by Birmingham regarding my promotion and Brum said that they would be allowed to help with the MDC/observations and so ive been putting fixtures on there but removing games afterwards when theyve been played and I havent received a MDC/observation because my actual promotion is through Notts FA and so i didnt think there was any point keeping my games on refsec.

Back