A&H

How long does a DBS last?

for the FA to be able to accept it, if must be enhanced. It does have to say referee, coach or teacher but it must be for child workforce and finally a check must be included on the children’s barred list. If all 3 are present the FA can and will accept it

The Referee Store
On the subject of a DBS, my daughter is in a stage show and they need DBS checked chaperones.

Obviously I'm checked for the FA, but I don't have any documentation to support this. Does anyone know of any way of obtaining anything to confirm I am DBS checked or is it not possible?

On the subject of a DBS, my daughter is in a stage show and they need DBS checked chaperones.

Obviously I'm checked for the FA, but I don't have any documentation to support this. Does anyone know of any way of obtaining anything to confirm I am DBS checked or is it not possible?
dbs update service £13 a year.

The original certificate goes to you not the Fa. Did you submit your documents online? You will have a dbs online account if you did to order a duplicate. You won’t get it for weekend though

The original certificate goes to you not the Fa. Did you submit your documents online? You will have a dbs online account if you did to order a duplicate. You won’t get it for weekend though
Yeah, I have all of my DBS certificates, they were posted to me and I have kept them in a file.

Strange, I've checked my emails and it definitely says it was sent to my county FA and I never received a copy. Maybe different counties run it differently.

Strange, I've checked my emails and it definitely says it was sent to my county FA and I never received a copy. Maybe different counties run it differently.
It is illegal to send it to anyone but the certificate holder. The certificate comes from the dbs not Fa. I can guarantee you it would’ve been sent to you

It is illegal to send it to anyone but the certificate holder. The certificate comes from the dbs not Fa. I can guarantee you it would’ve been sent to you
I can guarantee you it absolutely didn’t come to me, as I’ve wanted a copy of it ever since it was issued but I’ve never managed to obtain one. (Albeit I didn’t try very hard to get one initially, but I did email a few people who didn’t come back to me)

I took ID documents to my local county FA who did the application using a company called ‘first advantage’. They then invoiced me for it on WGS

I received mail updates about progressing, but I never received the certificate, the update service says it was despatched on x date, but it must have been sent to the county FA because I definitely didn’t receive it, but they updated my whole game system to reflect it.
It also says my county FA’s name on that update system.

I would speak to the dbs to see where it was sent. Your dbs could have convictions on it so should always be sent to the certificate holder.

I can guarantee you it absolutely didn’t come to me, as I’ve wanted a copy of it ever since it was issued but I’ve never managed to obtain one. (Albeit I didn’t try very hard to get one initially, but I did email a few people who didn’t come back to me)

I took ID documents to my local county FA who did the application using a company called ‘first advantage’. They then invoiced me for it on WGS

I received mail updates about progressing, but I never received the certificate, the update service says it was despatched on x date, but it must have been sent to the county FA because I definitely didn’t receive it, but they updated my whole game system to reflect it.
It depends what type of DBS you applied for (apologies if you have said further up)

Basic checks are viewable by you and your employer on the online portal - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/track-a-dbs-application . You will only recieve a basic check certificate if you request one, as most are just viewed online.

Standard and Enhanced are a physical document and this is only sent to the applicant.

I suspect it got lost in the post then, as they are definitely sent to the applicant.

Back