• Hand only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hand and forearm

• Hand, arm and shoulder

• Total voters
The Referee Store
Depending on how it's been used if that makes sense!

Haha, I was expecting that the way I put it.

I mean just because it has hit the players arm it doesn't mean it's handball, I mean if it hits his upper arm because he's stuck it out to gain control then it is handball.

So, I meant depending on how the player has used his arm as to whether it's handball!

That's not the question though is it, or thats not how I read the question anyway.

The area of the body with which it is possible to commit a handball extends from the outside of the shoulder to the end of the fingertips (fingernails included!).

I remember at our course, the instructor asked us to look at the seam between the sleeve and the body of the shirts we are wearing. Anything below the seam plays no part in the game of football, whether it be judging offside, handball or pushing/charging (unless you are GK).

Yes that wasn't the question, but I wasn't able to answer the question without including that, because I don't call handballs depending on exactly where it hits the arm.

Exactly, that's my point. It is dependant on how the hand or arm is used as to whether it is handball or not.

Back