A&H

How are the pitches looking?

I've been lucky this weekend and got games in, got a game today as well on 3G so that's definitely on!

The Referee Store
getting jealous, now.

council's round here still blanket banning football on their pitches and rumour is that we still need a couple of weeks without any serious rain to make them change their minds

thankfully not all pitches are council owned but games are still thin on the ground

I had a phone call yesterday evening saying sand was being put in places in the goal area to make sure the game could be played, top stuff for an under 15's match

Mine went ahead this morning, and the pitch was perfect! Hopefully things are looking brighter (pardon the pun!) and we can start getting games played again now

Managed to get one on on grass yesterday, this morning's was called off... All it meant was that I lined on my brother's game, so at least I got to do something!

Two games today. The first on a field hired from a local high school. It was spongy all over the place but we played and I had one caution very, very late in the game. The second on the field of a Contributory League team. It was spongy in parts but held up pretty well, except there wasn't a lot of grass when we started and slightly less when we finished.

We had a near full fixture list on Saturday just the ONE postponement in the adult league. I wasn't refing as I had been on a Lv1 coaching Course, but on the Sunday afternoon I fancied a jog and ran into 3 games on a local pitch one being an under 18s game and the others being an u13 and u16 game (recognised a few faces). So decided to watch the u18 one only as it had a few college mates involved but both the u16 & u18 had a few incidents. First off on the u16 pitch that was behind me the ref appeared to be in trouble with an away team manager running on the pitch and confronting him about a decision on a penalty & red card. Then on the u18 it all kicked off at FT didn't see the ref do anything most likely legged it fair enough the away team where sore losers. There where a few decisions that I would of made different a red card and a few yellows but that's me, not criticising the refs performance he did well.
Hopefully back to refereeing Saturday and Sunday :)

Got 2 games in this weekend:D although both academy games, so both pitches nearly perfect

Should have been doing my first game in essex girls u14 cup but was rained off on Friday. Must have rained for 14 hours straight in Essex. And lo and behold what do I hear outside! Waaaaaah!!!!!

Back