A&H

How are the pitches looking?

The Referee Store
Just got a text through, this morning's game is ON!!! Although I'll only believe it once I've seen the pitch.

It was Gloucester City's pitch back in the 2007 floods, they have never played there since and share Cheltenham's Town pitch.

According to reports it is now over grown, and beyond repair, they just don't have the money to rip it down and start again.

That went well, arrived to what can only be described as a lake in the centre circle. They did shovel the water away bit it just wasn't fit, another game lost unfortunately!

No game again for me this week, pitch described as a paddling pool with waves!

Ah, it looks a nice set-up on Google Maps. Never been there. Have been on the field behind Sheepscar WMC many times. Interesting place to referee. It's the only place where I have been told that someone was going to get a gun and shoot me for making a decision.

Refereed at the Prince Philips Centre a few times. It is a nice set up, the pitches have great drainage but the past two weeks the weather has just got the better of them. Most of the staff are welcoming and try their best to make sure you have everything you need. One of the best places to referee I've seen this season so far.

And I can see how the gun threat would make it an 'interesting' place to referee.

Ah, it looks a nice set-up on Google Maps. Never been there. Have been on the field behind Sheepscar WMC many times. Interesting place to referee. It's the only place where I have been told that someone was going to get a gun and shoot me for making a decision.
I hope you put a white paper in!

I hope you put a white paper in!

I'd be blooming report it to the Police not just the FA. My game was unsurprisingly off today. Get to watch Liverpool v Arsenal then the Rugby so every cloud eh.

I'd turn around and tell em I'm a copper myself, that normally shuts em up!. My game is also off today so I'm watching the rugby today instead and praying for tomorrow.

My game's off! Having been one of only 3 on last weekend, only 1 remains this Sat in my Supply league and it isn't mine!

It was nothing and I ignored it. I did report the lump of mud which was thrown and struck me on the shoulder. The referee said to keep him posted. Nothing else happened and we all parted ways as friends.

Not happy about today though. Referee came off game 3 hours before kick off and I still turned up to assess him :(

Called off three games at one venue this morning. Every footprint was full of water and the ball wouldn't bounce in either penalty area nor the centre circles.

My game this afternoon is amazingly on!! Somerset county ladies game!! It's still chucking it down now!!

This has gone too far now, lost my academy game on an all weather pitch this morning! Will it ever stop raining!?

Back