A&H

Help me with my interview!

IrkRef

lkref
Got an interview for head of refereeing at my county's fa youth council and I have to prepare a five minute presentation:
'As Head of Refereeing how can the BCFA Youth Council promote and support young referees.'
I have a good idea of what I'm going to say but wondered if any of you had any good ideas of what I could include! Thanks in advance I have till Thursday!

The Referee Store
To support referees I was going to speak about clarity and how we should take advantage of modern technology to help young referees. E.g twitter pages and easier helplines other than email, this ties in with promoting young refs as i believe many level 7s deserve praise for their achievements as the only time referees seem to get praise is if you get promotion, maybe young referee awards at the end of the season

How about talking about setting up partnerships with local junior leagues, the introduction of a transitional league from junior to open age football and the introduction of a formal mentoring group as well the introduction of a development group which feeds into a School of Excellence. Just a thought

I like what Brian says about having partnerships and a transitional league. Could possibly mention something about helping those right on the counties borders? As we're both, this season with Wovles, experiencing the travelling involved in such a large county.

Just something I'd quite like to see within the county, might as well help as I'm not going for the role within the youth council, best of luck Joe!

Good point on the referees away who aren't near Birmingham, perhaps moving training events around more and encouraging the CFA to decentralise more basic referee courses and allowing them to be properly advertised by local RAs would be a good initiative.

Jack why is Burton not covered by Staffordshire FA?

It is @bester as well as Birmingham, Derbyshire and if you go 10 minutes down the road, Leicestershire. We manage to lie towards the borders of all 4!

Back