A&H

He should have known better......

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
Ten minutes to go before k.o. in an U18 match, away manager laying the law down to his players... no swearing or arguing at the ref,stay in position,dont give other team time on ball etc.etc.
All's well till second half when the underdogs home team equalise.Away team shouting and arguing at each other. Then comes a corner to the home side, waiting for the attacker to get ball for the corner, and an away defender shouts at a player "F*** you,me and you in the car park after the match i'm going to kick your f****** head in, and pointing a finger at him. So i call him over and a straight red for VC.
After the match the home manager asked why sent him off and after i told him he said "That was the manager's son" i thought well after he was bollocking all his players in the re-match talk

The Referee Store
oops! sorry that was another match was looking at me paperwork at the time twas OFFINABUS

Conducting yourself in a violent way ? OFINABUS or VC flip a coin I would be putting it through as VC personally .

Reminds me when I had to ring up County for clarification on whether a red should be VC or SFP after a lad caught someone above the nipple with the ball on the floor! (He was about 6ft too!)

SFP was decided upon

Reminds me when I had to ring up County for clarification on whether a red should be VC or SFP after a lad caught someone above the nipple with the ball on the floor! (He was about 6ft too!)

SFP was decided upon

Yeah, I learned this one myself last season. It's in the LOTG book. If the offence occurs during active play and involves a challenge for the ball, then it's SFP. Anything violent that occurs that isn't challenging for the ball is VC. :)

Back