A&H

Have you made the news for good or bad ?

The Referee Store
Name wasn't mentioned but this was written in the Somerset County Gazette about my game from last week:

"Bishops Lydeyard missed an opportunity as play continued to be fairly even though there was little flow due to the frequent sound of the referees whistle"

Made me laugh!!!

Seem to be in there every week! Then again I am the Press Officer for my local league!

I've only done 6 games, but I constnatly check the local websites etc to see if any match reports went up about my games!

I've been mentioned all over the place over the past few years

Also had a few mentions on the refworld.com website, but it's all disappeared now :(

I'm sure I read that they are working directly with the premier league website. I may of course be talking pap though

Racing Club Warwick v Southam Utd "Manoochehri set off on a run from the half-way line with Fuller for company and although the Racing midfielder clearly impeded the Saints substitute, the initial push appeared to be outside the box. Manoochehri was allowed to continue after escaping Fuller’s clutches and it was only after he put his shot over the bar that the referee pointed to the spot."

"RACING CLUB boss Lee Knight pointed the finger of blame directly at the match officials after seeing his side let slip a two-goal lead to lose 3-2 at home to Southam.

Buoyed by a unbeaten run stretching back to November, the hosts were good value for their half-time lead courtesy of emphatic finishes from Martin Crawford and Myron Semper.
And, despite a much-improved showing from Saints after the break, the visitors needed the intervention of an assistant referee to kick-start their comeback.
The lively Brad Rees had showed good persistence to shake off a couple of challenges. However, there seemed little wrong with the tackle from Leon Blake which eventually robbed him of the ball.
The assistant referee saw it differently, however, and flagged for an infringement, with Southam scoring from the resultant free-kick.
And a later penalty awarded for a push on Saints substitute Oli Manoochehri did little to lighten Knight’s mood.
“It’s not good enough,” said Knight, who was shown a red card in the aftermath of Southam’s opener.
“Instead of everyone in the bar talking about a good game played in a good spirit, they’re talking about the referee and linesman.
“We thought we’d beat Southam but we’ve been let down by the officials and it’s happening week after week.
“Two bad decisions have cost us the game.” "

Nice to receive some recognition for using my LOAF [sic.] - this is the Match Report from one of last weekend's games:

Windsor Food Services County Senior League Division 1
Oughtibridge War Memorial FC 1 Bramley Sunnyside FC 0

Oughtibridge full back Jack Ridge was first to show, with quick feet and imaginative passing applying pressure down the left flank. Matt Spencer had a long shot easily gathered in by Bramley keeper Dom McClare. Bramley applied themselves well and were intent on passing the ball out from the back and looking to play in Danny Parker on the wing. Oughtibridge centre backs Gary Cotton and Chris Page held the line well, Page heading out a dangerous cross close to the home goal. Chris Byrne had another steady game at full back for Oughtibridge, rarely wasting a ball. Much of the half was a midfield contest, both sides well organised and competitive, but few chances at either end.

In the second period a clever exchange of passes between Justin Westoby and Matt Spencer ended in a Westoby effort saved by McClare. Bramley centre back Richard Badger was composed and broke up several promising attacks. Parker missed an easy chance for the visitors. Frank Funso came on for Oughtibridge and went close with a shot into the side netting as the pressure mounted. Matt Spencer made a weaving run into the box, but was halted by a strong tackle from Billy McClare. Oughtibridge took the lead when Funso slipped the ball to Spencer whose firm shot was pushed onto the post by Dom McClare, but Ben Cook was on the spot to head in. Adam Wood and Calum Hawley came off the bench and helped Oughtibridge end the game strongly. Justin Westoby fed Josh Coulson, his shot well gathered by McClare. This was a workmanlike performance from Oughtibridge, everyone playing a part. Another to play a part was referee Steve Taylor, who officiated with restraint and common sense.

Proof that we referees do have common sense then? :D

Yeah, I think what they were referring to was my decision to manage a bad tackle on 12 minutes, by dishing out a public rebuke which probably saved having to dish out 5 further cautions in the first half alone!

In a high tempo game where strong challenges were being put in by two physical teams I decided to manage as much as I could. If I had started early doors I would have ended up with a book full, so on this occasion it worked and both teams appreciated it.

Had an assessor been there though, things would most certainly have been different. Isn't it strange how we change our games when the assessors are there?! In law, I would have been slaughtered but going by Law 18 I am sure that football was the winner.

Back