A&H

Guernsy

garytheref

Anybody been appointed to a Guernsy fixture before? Whats the usual process? Fly out night before, back on last flight after the game? Fly out and back same day (cant see that being great for fatigue levels)? Fly out, stay and back on the Sunday? Really hoping its a Friday night job to save me agg with the wife lol

The Referee Store
Tbf was hoping for a Friday night stay!!! Gonna be shattered by the time you get there before the game even starts!!! May ask the FA for permission to stay Friday and see what they say 😂😂

They (Guernsey FC as they fund it) were talking last season about possibly giving refs the option of staying Saturday night and flying back Sunday this season. I don't know it they have done that or not.

Otherwise it is a long day - although Guernsey are great as a club and you get well looked after.

The return trip on a (small) plane with the away team could be interesting depending how the game has gone. You could literally find yourself sitting next to a player you have sent off !

Tbf was hoping for a Friday night stay!!! Gonna be shattered by the time you get there before the game even starts!!! May ask the FA for permission to stay Friday and see what they say 😂😂
They will say yes of course ...

... but you will need to pay for your own flight and hotel 😂

You'll enjoy this little Island. Guernsey play at the Track and all refs get looked after over here. I officiated 2 games at the Track last week. Nice little ground. Funding for a new 3g stadium on the site has been approved and the work will be done by 2025 so it will be a good gig then. Bring your own food and drink, this is one expensive island!

Back