A&H

Good to do your research

J-K

Level 5 Referee
I assumed (!) that tomorrows fixture was an end of season, nothing to play for, going through the motions run about in the sunshine.

It's not.

It's top v bottom, bottom already relegated, top probably need a win to win the division and be promoted to the top division in the world's biggest amateur league (not necessarily, but possibly true).

The Referee Store
I've been in the middle twice this season for the top team, first, a league cup semi final against the team who could pip them in the league, a very tight game, but they lost.

The other occasion, my only ever abandonment, a player broke his leg, not enough light left when the ambulance still hadn't arrived.

I remember once turning up to top versus a team who were moving leagues and wanted their deposit back at back end of season.

The withdrawing team turned up with 8 players.

I can't remember if it hit 20 or not but it was close...

I assumed (!) that tomorrows fixture was an end of season, nothing to play for, going through the motions run about in the sunshine.

It's not.

It's top v bottom, bottom already relegated, top probably need a win to win the division and be promoted to the top division in the world's biggest amateur league (not necessarily, but possibly true).
Has all the potential to be a really difficult match. Seen the bottom team come out firing for pride, get up and win these ones too many times and the top team tend to really not like it when that happens. Or, the bottom team will just stop giving a crap once they concede a goal or two and start hacking....

The alternative is that it's a dead boring 5-0 match :p

Top went 2-0 up, looking comfortable. Bottom came out stronger in the 2nd half, they scored from a DFK 22 yds out (the top team captain hooked his arm round the strikers arm as a cross was floated towards them), FK clipped the wall then went in off the post.20 mins of squaky bum time. Finished 2-1. One yellow for a pull back to the side of the PA, one misconduct report for the manager asking if I'd put the yellow through.

Less fussy performance, trying to now only give clear fouls rather than almost all fouls. Missed a chance for an advantage on half way (not the end of the world), probably should have called for advantage instead of waiting to see if pass after foul found a team-mate. Over-ruled one asst for a throw on half way, he went early wrong without seeing my signal, it was reasonably clear so had to overrule.

Back