A&H

Goals, goals and more goals

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
47 goals in two games today. Not a bad haul.
2 cards. No spot kicks. One goal fumbled in by the keeper at the buzzer. One disallowed when I blew in flight for a 6th player on the field.
Kept the time keeper busy. And I had a great 2nd ref.
47 though!

The Referee Store
47 goals in 2 matches? :eek:

What was it, U8's or womens? :rolleyes: :D
Shame you have that perception, really.
I recently did a game between two evenly matched teams. It finished 5-2 but it was by far the best game I've had the pleasure of refereeing all season. It was Futsal, clean, competitive, skillful and between two Women's National Super League teams.
The most skillful game I have officiated this season was an U9 Futsal game between two PL Academy teams. Some of the stuff the kids try is mind boggling.
The most challenging game to referee, full of attrition, full bloodied challenges, aggression and a 15-0 scoreline was a Male OA 11-a-side game.

BTW I enjoyed them all for the different scenarios each produced.

Shame you have that perception, really.
I recently did a game between two evenly matched teams. It finished 5-2 but it was by far the best game I've had the pleasure of refereeing all season. It was Futsal, clean, competitive, skillful and between two Women's National Super League teams.
The most skillful game I have officiated this season was an U9 Futsal game between two PL Academy teams. Some of the stuff the kids try is mind boggling.
The most challenging game to referee, full of attrition, full bloodied challenges, aggression and a 15-0 scoreline was a Male OA 11-a-side game.

BTW I enjoyed them all for the different scenarios each produced.

Bit of banter is all David. Nothing more. As already explained, my remark was aimed at the often farcical scores and standard of U8 and women's matches at mini soccer and youth/adult level - not at futsal. ;)

For what it's worth, after doing that futsal question paper that I had to do as part of my Basic Referees Course 4 years ago, I elected never to get involved in the small-sided stuff. It looked way too complicated to me..... :(

First game one side only had 4 players. They did great to get through the game with only one moment of frustrated dissent. And they got 2 goals. Shame that the other side got 26. They did have one more disallowed.
In the second game the home side had some flair players but they were head down and didn't play together. The away side scored some very good team goals and raced to 16-3.

It was adult male regional 4th division. 2 refs and home team time keepers, who were very busy!

Back