A&H

Glasses - All other refs let him wear them...

Heavy rain can be a bit of a pain, mind

Had that the other day, just plonked 'em on the top of my head and got on with it....probably freaked out one or two of the players in the process

The Referee Store
I wear glasses usually and have contact lenses which I only use for refereeing. I have tried wearing my normal glasses to ref in but find that they steam up, particularly when I stop moving and are very difficult to see through in the rain. I have tried a spray to stop them steaming up which didn't really work.

Any tips from the glasses wearers? I would like to be able to wear my glasses if only as a back up if a contact falls out mid-game.

I wear glasses usually and have contact lenses which I only use for refereeing. I have tried wearing my normal glasses to ref in but find that they steam up, particularly when I stop moving and are very difficult to see through in the rain. I have tried a spray to stop them steaming up which didn't really work.

Any tips from the glasses wearers? I would like to be able to wear my glasses if only as a back up if a contact falls out mid-game.

I wear glasses and a cap if raining.
Never had an issue with either, if I'm AR and its raining, then I ask ref's permission to wear the cap.

I used to wear glasses until I eventually mastered contact lenses ... Had no problems from players re the specs but at least I'm not so paranoid about rain every game

I wear glasses and a cap if raining.
Never had an issue with either, if I'm AR and its raining, then I ask ref's permission to wear the cap.

No need to ask the ref

Should be black, (with discreet manufacturer's logo allowed), if memory serves.

A.R.'d in a couple of games where it absolutely peed it down. Both times, refs told us to wear whatever we needed to stay as dry as possible....cue black north face rain jacket

No need to ask the ref

Should be black, (with discreet manufacturer's logo allowed), if memory serves.

A.R.'d in a couple of games where it absolutely peed it down. Both times, refs told us to wear whatever we needed to stay as dry as possible....cue black north face rain jacket
The next game i do in the rain i might drive my car up to edge of the pitch .....1m away obviously..... roll my window down and ref from there .....to keep dry !!!

I dont think i have ever had an assistant wearing a jacket during a game , surely your county badge should be on show during a game ??

Maybe even a few layers underneath and gloves !!!!! in the cold

Im Shocked and Stunned :eek:

Back