A&H

Football manager 2016

SM

The avuncular one
Anybody play this? What's your thoughts?

Not played the game since 2006 (which I loved) but spent so much time on it that I kinda burnt myself out for the following 10 years!!!!!

Its half price at the moment, just wondering if it's worth it anymore.

The Referee Store
Was a serious addict for many many years going back to it's early days as Championship Manager on the Atari ST! :D

Likewise though for a number of reasons, not played it for several years, so lost touch with it's current state of development.

Believe there was some kind of fall out which meant to the developers could no longer use the name, so it became Football Manager.

Easy hack to get round modern financial fair play rules, edit the data base and make your stadium 250k all seater with an average attendance at almost capacity and watch the money roll in, couldn't spend it quick enough! :) I think my finest moment was on the Atari St when I took Wycombe from the 4th to 1st division pre-Premier League days in successive seasons and recruited an ageing Peter Beardsley to add an experienced head to a young team. In another game, gave a 16 year midfielder his debut in the cup, he scored a hat-trick! I never played him again that season for the sole reason his career record showed first season stats as Played 1, Scored 3, Average Rating 10! :D

Sky Sports News use the FM database as a way of comparing real life players :confused:

I wonder how many days/weeks/months/possibly even years of my life were spent playing this game?...

Was a serious addict for many many years going back to it's early days as Championship Manager...

I wonder how many days/weeks/months/possibly even years of my life were spent playing this game?...

Ditto.

I remember many, many hours I should have been revising for exams sat on my dads computer playing Champ Manager.

Rest of the family were queueing up to use the dial up Internet (1p per minute on 56k modem, anybody remember that?) and I was hogging the computer for 'revision'.

Great game they've made great progress since that time and the realistic simulation is actually quite impressive.

Well worth the money in my opinion.

Ah yes. Wasted so many years on this game.

Bought the 2016 version as it was cheap. Going to resist the urge to jump on the Internet and find out who the wonder kids are in this version.

Back