A&H

Facebook Friend

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
I'm distant friends with a lad on FB in Sheffield as we have a joint mate who we exchange banter SUFC SWFC stuff etc, but I thought we had never met. Out of the blue tonight he sends me a message....'I know where I know you from, it's took me 6 months but it's clicked.....you used to ref me when I played football 3-4 years ago'......so I agreed that it was me and we exchanged a few memories... He then wrote..."Did you know I only ever received 1 single booking during my Sunday league career....guess who issued it??????.......I asked him what it was for...and he said...'you booked me for using an expletive, you warned us before every game so it was my own fault'...... Also said I was firm but fair and preferred that to some jobsworth or young kid...Doesn't it make you feel proud as a referee that you left your mark on someone's career..... BTW! We now have a SF2 prowling the fields of Sheffield as my son has just passed his L7...

The Referee Store
I'm distant friends with a lad on FB in Sheffield as we have a joint mate who we exchange banter SUFC SWFC stuff etc, but I thought we had never met. Out of the blue tonight he sends me a message....'I know where I know you from, it's took me 6 months but it's clicked.....you used to ref me when I played football 3-4 years ago'......so I agreed that it was me and we exchanged a few memories... He then wrote..."Did you know I only ever received 1 single booking during my Sunday league career....guess who issued it??????.......I asked him what it was for...and he said...'you booked me for using an expletive, you warned us before every game so it was my own fault'...... Also said I was firm but fair and preferred that to some jobsworth or young kid...Doesn't it make you feel proud as a referee that you left your mark on someone's career..... BTW! We now have a SF2 prowling the fields of Sheffield as my son has just passed his L7...

Congratulations to your son, but shouldn't he be 'Sheffields Second Finest'? :cool:

He's yet to blow a whistle in anger on a fop.... Has to get some other Child Protection thing then he's good to go.

Back