A&H

Fabregas Red

The Referee Store
I'm not liking all this sophistication @Russell Jones is bringing to the forum!

To post to my own thread I would say its very orange. Can see why he was dismissed... But also see padfoots point that it was a childish and reckless act... Potentially of the yellow card variety. It certainly wasn't "rocketed" at Brunt. Almost like a feeble cross.

are not all missing the beauty of the accuracy he hit it with?

in terms of was it a red or not ... he didn't seem to argue at all with it? that for me says he KNEW what he was doing and KNEW it could be an early shower ...

maybe he had a family meal to go to? couldn't book a days holiday?

Red card for me, no need to hit the ball from that distance into a group of players, could've easily hit Jones square in the face had it not hit Brunt first. Seems from the videos that Cesc knows exactly what he's doing, asks Hazard (I think) for the ball beforehand! With the assistant a few yards behind its a pretty stupid thing to do if you ask me.

Fair enough , I still take the view that as this hit the player on the head everyone has kicked off, had it been on the leg it would have been laughed off.

He will be offering us all ferero rocher next! :D

The actor who played "The Ambassador" (the one who says "Excellente!") in those classic adverts is an actor called Wolf Kahler.

He also played the part of Dietrich - one of the Nazis who melt when they open the Ark in the Indiana Jones film.

And he is also one of the presenters on the German audio language course from the BBC...

I agree with @Padfoot ... The distance is about 20-30 yards? Its hit like a floated cross not like a violent strike. Its more disregard of safety than endangerment of the opponent. However with John Terry coming up to me and surrounding me the way he does, I'd have given a red too. Cant stand him!

Given a red to JT @Steve C ? I agree Lol
regardless of distance, I can see why its a Red, I can also see why it isn't given the full 3 match ban ... I cant see any complaints from anyone

I agree, red card correct and 1 game ban. Not really violent as such but still worthy of a red card, glad to see the FA using a bit of common sense by reducing the ban as well

Back