A&H

Fabregas Red

The Referee Store
thought's?
Dumb, stupid and deserves a longer ban than 3 matches IMHO. How close did he come to hitting Mike Jones? For me there's very little difference in this action to that of Paolo Di Canio against Paul Alcock. Fabregas is a very good player but what was he thinking?

Not sure I agree it was a red card, I think a lot of refs would have given a caution but you could argue it either way. Not really certain myself, even with the replays, whether this really is Violent Conduct given that he didn't really whack the ball all that hard. Is that even the decision here? I assume so.

It's a nailed on red card for violent conduct. What was he thinking?

Skip one minute for a wider angle view.

Not sure I agree it was a red card, I think a lot of refs would have given a caution but you could argue it either way. Not really certain myself, even with the replays, whether this really is Violent Conduct given that he didn't really whack the ball all that hard. Is that even the decision here? I assume so.
Why kick a football 20+ yards towards a group of people (mainly opposition players and the match official). It may have been amusing to trolls on social media, bizarre in it's nature but it was just idiotic. My observation is that he is guilty of violent conduct due to the excessive force he was uses against another person. I'd think that failure to show the red and send the player off would lead to a mass confrontation specially at a level below this particular game.

Why kick a football 20+ yards towards a gro....sive force he was uses against another person. I'd think that failure to show the red and send the player off would lead to a mass confrontation specially at a level below this particular game.

Great reference to Man Utd there? ;)

Having seen the.clip after only listening to the commentary last night.....I can understand why some are saying it's not a red card......

Not sure I would be dismissing if I had a clear view of the incident......I suspect all Mike Jones saw was the ball striking the player.....not convinced he had a good view of how far away Fabregas was...?

I would say the assistant referee had a near perfect view of the incident and was best placed to tell him how far away Fabregas was and what he did.
Also I think Fabregas knew exactly what he'd done and realised pretty quickly. I suspect there was an apology when he went back to talk to Mike Jones.

Having seen the.clip after only listening to the commentary last night.....I can understand why some are saying it's not a red card......

Not sure I would be dismissing if I had a clear view of the incident......I suspect all Mike Jones saw was the ball striking the player.....not convinced he had a good view of how far away Fabregas was...?
:eek: Hold the front page, @Padfoot in lenient decision shocker! :)

Back