A&H

FA Guidelines for Assistant Referees fouls in and around the penalty area

Had my first experience of the new signal last night. FL assistant on my line. Gave a big flag then good step towards the corner. Very clear and easy enough to work with.

The Referee Store
The vast majority of AR signals are prescriptively demonstrated in pictures in the LotG. If an assessor heard a referee asking for a non standard signal (for which there was a standard signal) in the prematch he should question that.
What if there was no signal in the LOTG originally and the referee made his own up?

Welsh signal is flag up for 3 seconds, point horizontal at h/w line for 3 seconds and sprint up touchline.

Is that an official signal or referee dependent aled? I have had several versions requested but not that one.

That's the FIFA expectation too. Not sure about the 3 seconds part. Rather flag straight up to get referees attention turn and run away from the goal line with the flag out in front. Word of warning though. Don't get carried away and run as far as the dug outs.

That's the FIFA expectation too. Not sure about the 3 seconds part. Rather flag straight up to get referees attention turn and run away from the goal line with the flag out in front. Word of warning though. Don't get carried away and run as far as the dug outs.
Unless you want to get some abuse, then you can get carried away

I saw it done a couple of seasons ago. I was junior on the game but the ref and AR had an awful time for 10 minutes or so.

simple don't give em let the referee decide un less he is to fa away to give it an assessor gave me a bollocking for getting involved even though I was correct it is not the right thing to do
ok live and learn. listen to pre match and ask questions if not sure ask if you would want me to to do this in this situation all about communication :)

Back