• Anthony Taylor*

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Southend-ref

Southend United Supporter
Level 6 Referee
Who will it be?
Nobody has refereed it without being fourth official for ten years, which suggests it should be Kevin Friend, Mike Jones or Anthony Taylor.
I don't think Jones is good enough and Taylor has longer left so I reckon it will be Kevin Friend with Clattenburg, Oliver or Pawson as fourth official.

(The options are all Select Group referees who have not refereed the final before, with asterisks next to those who have been fourth official).

The Referee Store
Clattenburg is the standout for me, and Oliver in a few years should be top dog if he continues progressing like he is.

Unfortunately as a collective its not the best set of pgmol officials we've had. To put it nicely.

Really? I'd say that he and Clattenburg are the best two referees in the country.

I agree with MC but Michale Oliver's cautioning has been so inconsistent in the matches I've watched him in.
I personally think he bottles a lot of them, but only he knows if this is true.

If the FA want a referee to go to next years Euro Cham, they will need to appoint that referee to do a Cup Final. Therefore Clatts is the most likely candidate, with Oliver being the second option.

Both are likely now there are no Northern teams still in (Liverpool does not count)

Any chance Keith Hackett might get the nod?? He is, after all, the best referee in the universe
Only problem, wouldn't his head stop the roof being closed?

Last edited by a moderator:
I advice the Oliver fan club to take their ABU goggles off and go and watch Man City vs Utd (Nov) and Utd vs Arsenal (Mar)
6/10 (at best) perfromances in his 2 biggest matches and you want to send him to the Euros?
MC is so far ahead off him in ability it's not funny.

Oh, and there was this....

oliver.jpg

Back