A&H

Europa league

The Referee Store
Have to agree with @Sheffields Finest on replay. Think player is v clear he couldn't get the ball and went for the man.

Being honest though I'm not sure I'm personally good enough to get this right on the day. From behind in real time I'm sure it looks like going for the ball.

Have to agree with @Sheffields Finest on replay. Think player is v clear he couldn't get the ball and went for the man.

Being honest though I'm not sure I'm personally good enough to get this right on the day. From behind in real time I'm sure it looks like going for the ball.

Completely agree, real time that is going to look like an attempt to play the ball. Even with replays I'd say there is a case for the benefit of doubt to say it was a challenge for the ball.

Yeah, I'm with the majority here, under the new laws he gets away with a yellow for me.

Would need a couple of extra replays, but based on these images, yellow for me. Looks like the defender kind of tries to hook the ball away, but then Bendtner runs into his right leg, he loses his footing and can't complete the move.

Last edited:
Looks like some attempt to play the ball so penalty and yellow. But worth checking with your AR to see how they saw it. A side view would show more about how close the defender was to getting the ball.

Back